Arctovish is a dual-type Water/Ice Fossil Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It is resurrected from combining a Fossilized Fish and Fossilized Dino, and it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 18 awesome and amazing facts about Arcovish.
1. Arctovish is a fish-plesiosaur hybrid fossil Pokémon.
2. The plesiosaur half is colored blue and white.
3. It has a blue tail with a fin on top.
4. The flippers are colored blue with white patches on the end and with white spots.
5. The fish half is applied upside down.
6. It has a round blue head with black rectangle pupils, and the mouth is located on top of its head.
7. It has white fins connected to its fish head.
8. It has trouble eating due to its mouth being on top of its head, even though it captures prey by freezing its surroundings.
9. The skin on Arctovish’s face is impervious to attacks.
10. It allegedly became extinct despite this due to breathing difficulties, though this is likely not the case due to Arctovish being combined from two separate Pokémon that each had their niches before going extinct.
12. Arctovish, Dracozolt, Arctozolt, and Dracovish are the first Fossil Pokémon to not be Rock-type or have a gender.
13. Arctovish, like its counterparts, may be based on the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, a series of misassembled dinosaur sculptures displayed at the Crystal Palace Park.
14. In the case of Arctovish, its top half appears to be based on the fish Dunkleosteus though the frontal pair of fins resemble those possessed by lobe-finned fish such as Coelacanths rather than the fins of Dunkleosteus, while its bottom half appears to be based on an aquatic reptile, like a plesiosaur, mosasaur or ichthyosaur.
15. It may have also been inspired by the chimera and similar mythological creatures, which was stated to have the features of different animal species, and is often interpreted as being scientifically constructed from different animal parts.
16. The Pokédex entries for all the Galar Fossils mention them being the cause of their own extinction, which may be a reference to the outdated hypothesis that the dinosaurs were evolutionary inert, which made them get bigger, sluggish and stupider to the point they couldn’t sustain themselves.
17. Arctovish being unable to breed could be a reference to cross-bred animals, which are born infertile (unable to produce offspring).
18. Arctovish may be a combination of arctic, fish, and possibly vicious.