Harrington is a city in Lincoln County, Washington, United States. The population was 424 at the 2010 census. Take a look below for 15 fascinating and awesome facts about Harrington, Washington, United States.
1. It was named after W.P. Harrington, a banker from Colusa, California, who had heavily invested in local land.
2. Harrington was first settled in 1879 by Adam Edward Ludy and Jacob Ludy.
3. Harrington was officially incorporated on April 17, 1902.
4. Harrington is located at 47°28′49″N 118°15′20″W (47.480251, -118.255422).
5. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.38 square miles (0.98 km2), all of it land.
6. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Harrington has a dry-summer Humid continental climate, abbreviated “Dsb” on climate maps.
7. As of the census of 2010, there were 424 people, 184 households, and 119 families residing in the city.
8. The population density was 1,115.8 inhabitants per square mile (430.8/km2).
9. There were 219 housing units at an average density of 576.3 per square mile (222.5/km2).
10. The racial makeup of the city was 92.7% White, 0.9% African American, 3.5% Native American, 0.7% from other races, and 2.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.8% of the population.
11. There were 184 households, of which 25.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.2% were married couples living together, 9.2% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 35.3% were non-families. 32.6% of all households were made up of individuals, and 15.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.30 and the average family size was 2.87.
12. The median age in the city was 46.1 years. 22.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.9% were from 25 to 44; 29.2% were from 45 to 64; and 23.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 47.4% male and 52.6% female.
13. As of the census of 2000, there were 426 people, 187 households, and 115 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,122.2 people per square mile (432.8/km2). There were 235 housing units at an average density of 619.1 per square mile (238.8/km2).
14. The racial makeup of the city was 97.18% White, 1.41% Native American, 0.23% Asian, and 1.17% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.94% of the population
15. There were 187 households, out of which 27.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.9% were married couples living together, 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.0% were non-families. 36.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 15.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.25 and the average family size was 2.92.