Coulee City is a town in Grant County, Washington. The population was 562 at the 2010 census. Take a look below for 10 interesting and fun facts about Coulee City, Washington, United States.
1. The town was named after nearby Grand Coulee.
2. Coulee City was officially incorporated on May 10, 1907.
3. Coulee City is located at 47°36′43″N 119°17′27″W (47.611942, -119.290904).
4. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.90 square miles (2.33 km2), all of it land.
5. As of the census of 2010, there were 562 people, 265 households, and 150 families living in the town.
6. The population density was 624.4 inhabitants per square mile (241.1/km2).
7. There were 331 housing units at an average density of 367.8 per square mile (142.0/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 91.3% White, 2.1% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 1.6% from other races, and 4.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.4% of the population.
8. There were 265 households, of which 19.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.9% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.2% had a male householder with no wife present, and 43.4% were non-families. 37.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 16.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
9. The average household size was 2.10 and the average family size was 2.72.
10. The median age in the town was 49.1 years. 16.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 19% were from 25 to 44; 33.5% were from 45 to 64; and 23.5% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 49.6% male and 50.4% female.