Yamhill is a city in Yamhill County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and interesting facts about Yamhill, Oregon, United States.
1. Located in the northern part of the county, it is situated at the intersection of Oregon Route 47 and Oregon Route 240.
2. The population was 1,024 at the 2010 census.
3. Originally named North Yamhill, it was incorporated under that name by the Oregon Legislative Assembly on February 20, 1891.
4. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.42 square miles (1.09 km2), all of it land.
5. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F (22.0 °C).
6. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Yamhill has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated “Csb” on climate maps.
7. The Yamhill Carlton School District is headquartered in Yamhill. Students attend Yamhill Carlton Elementary School (YCES) in Carlton, Yamhill Carlton Intermediate School (YCIS), or Yamhill Carlton High School (YCHS), both located in Yamhill.
8. As of the census of 2010, there were 1,024 people, 353 households, and 285 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,438.1 inhabitants per square mile (941.4/km2). There were 375 housing units at an average density of 892.9 per square mile (344.8/km2).
9. The racial makeup of the city was 91.2% White, 0.1% African American, 1.3% Native American, 1.1% Asian, 2.6% from other races, and 3.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.5% of the population.
10. There were 353 households, of which 42.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.5% were married couples living together, 11.6% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.7% had a male householder with no wife present, and 19.3% were non-families. 13.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.88 and the average family size was 3.13.