Sutherlin is a city in Douglas County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 fun and great facts about Sutherlin, Oregon, United States.
1. As of the 2010 Census, the population was 7,810, making it the second most populous city in Douglas County.
2. Located off of I-5, nearby features include Cooper Creek Reservoir, Ford’s pond (treated waste water), the Umpqua River, a golf course, and numerous vineyards.
3. The City of Sutherlin Police Department also serves the City of Oakland via a paid contract.
4. Sutherlin is located at 43°23′18″N 123°18′58″W (43.388435, -123.316175).
5. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.35 square miles (16.45 km2), of which, 6.15 square miles (15.93 km2) is land and 0.20 square miles (0.52 km2) is water.
6. Sutherlin has the typical western Oregon Mediterranean climate (Köppen Csb) characterized by dry summers featuring cool mornings and hot afternoons, and chilly, wet winters.
7. As of the census of 2010, there were 7,810 people, 3,249 households, and 2,178 families living in the city. The population density was 1,269.9 inhabitants per square mile (490.3/km2). There were 3,566 housing units at an average density of 579.8 per square mile (223.9/km2).
8. The racial makeup of the city was 92.4% White, 0.2% African American, 1.9% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.8% from other races, and 2.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.1% of the population.
9. There were 3,249 households, of which 27.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.6% were married couples living together, 11.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.1% had a male householder with no wife present, and 33.0% were non-families. 27.3% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.86.
10. The median age in the city was 44.8 years. 22.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 6.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 21.2% were from 25 to 44; 25.7% were from 45 to 64; and 24% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 47.6% male and 52.4% female.