Hartline is a town in Grant County, Washington, United States. Take a look below for 10 fascinating and interesting facts about Hartline, Washington, United States.
1. The population was 151 at the 2010 census.
2. The high school for the Almira-Coulee/Hartline school district was located here, but moved to Coulee City, Washington in 2008.
3. The name “Hartline” is an Americanized spelling of the German last name “Hartlein” and is an uncommon last name.
4. Hartline was named for early settler John Hartline. It was officially incorporated on March 6, 1907.
5. Hartline is located at 47°41′24″N 119°6′26″W (47.690010, -119.107279).
6. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.33 square miles (0.85 km2), all of it land.
7. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Hartline has a semi-arid climate, abbreviated “BSk” on climate maps.
8. As of the census of 2010, there were 151 people, 62 households, and 37 families residing in the town. The population density was 457.6 inhabitants per square mile (176.7/km2). There were 87 housing units at an average density of 263.6 per square mile (101.8/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 90.7% White, 0.7% African American, 1.3% Asian, 4.6% from other races, and 2.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.9% of the population.
9. There were 62 households, of which 27.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.2% were married couples living together, 4.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 1.6% had a male householder with no wife present, and 40.3% were non-families. 33.9% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.44 and the average family size was 3.16.
10. The median age in the town was 41.8 years. 25.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 20.5% were from 25 to 44; 31.7% were from 45 to 64; and 14.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 53.6% male and 46.4% female.