Royal City is a city in Grant County, Washington, United States. The population was 2,140 at the 2010 census. Take a look below for 10 awesome and amazing facts about Royal City, Washington, United States.
1. Royal City was founded in 1956 and officially incorporated on February 14, 1962.
2. The townsite was previously named Royal Flats, and the entire area Royal Slope, thus the name Royal City.
3. During the 1960s, there was a Titan I ICBM silo located near the town.
4. The Royal Slope was named Washington state’s 15th designated wine growing region (AVA – American Viticultural Area) on September 2, 2020.
5. Today, this small farming community is most known for producing a wide variety of crops, thanks to a long growing season.
6. Apples, cherries, peaches, timothy and alfalfa hay, melons, potatoes, onions, wine grapes, pears, mint and corn are grown in this area.
7. The Royal slope area is a popular place for birders, hunters, and golfers as well.
8. The Royal Knights (Royal High School) have won division 1A state football titles in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2019.
9. The Royal High Knight mascot and colors, black and gold, were selected by the ASB class officers of 1965.
10. Royal City is located at 46°54′7″N 119°37′38″W (46.901899, -119.627220).