Biggs is a city in Butte County, California, United States. Take a look below for 10 amazing and interesting facts about Biggs, California, United States.
1. The population was 1,707 at the 2010 census, down from 1,793 at the 2000 census.
2. The 2018 population estimate is 1,724.
3. Biggs is located at 39°24′50″N 121°42′37″W (39.413820, -121.710316).
4. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2), all of it land.
5. A post office was established at Biggs Station in 1871, and the name changed to Biggs in 1884.
6. It was incorporated in 1903.
7. Biggs is named for Maj. Marion Biggs, who first shipped grain by rail from the town’s location.
8. In 1877, ancestors of the scientist Linus Pauling left Missouri and travelled to California, where they lived for a time in Biggs, “a settlement composed mostly of Germans.”
9. In late 2002, the town’s mayor received a letter from Jeff Manning, executive director of the California Milk Processor Board, proposing that the town change its name to “Got Milk?”.
10. The town council of Biggs subsequently rejected the proposal.