Arnold’s Cove (2016 Population 949) is a town on Newfoundland’s Avalon Peninsula in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Take a look below for 7 interesting and awesome facts about Arnold’s Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
1. It is in Division 1 on Placentia Bay.
2. The name is found in population returns of 1836, and may have been given after the forename of a fisherman.
3. In 1864 there was one family, and by 1893 there was a post office.
4. It was a fishing settlement located approximately two kilometers from the Newfoundland Railway, located 35 miles from Placentia Junction.
5. It was a Local Improvement District in 1967 and incorporated as a town the same year.
6. It had a population of 100 in 1911 and 1,160 in 1976.
7. It has been a center of economic growth recently, due to its proximity to projects involved with the Hibernia offshore oil platform.