Miminegash (Population 173) is a municipality that holds community status in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Take a look below for 6 awesome and interesting facts about Miminegash, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
1. It is located 8 miles (13 km) northwest of Alberton and 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Tignish.
2. It is part of a small area in Lot 3 known as either the St. Louis, Palmer Road, or Miminegash area.
3. This area is often associated with Tignish due to the shared Acadian roots between these areas.
4. Miminegash is within 5 miles (8.0 km) of the following communities, known collectively as the St. Louis–Miminegash area.
5. The area is a major source and processing center for Irish Moss harvested locally from the sea.
6. Once processed into carrageenan, it is used as an emulsifier or a source of gloss for things such as ice cream, chocolate milk or lipstick.