North Shore is a rural municipality within Queens County in Prince Edward Island that was incorporated on September 28, 2018 through an amalgamation of three municipalities. Take a look below for 5 fascinating and awesome facts about North Shore, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
1. The municipalities that amalgamated were the rural municipalities of Grand Tracadie, North Shore, and Pleasant Grove.
2. The original Rural Municipality of North Shore was incorporated in 1974.
3. The population of the Rural Municipality of North Shore was 2,080 in Canada’s 2016 census, which is up from 1,901 in the 2011 census.
4. The Rural Municipality of North Shore was first governed by an interim council comprising an interim mayor (Gordon Ellis) and fifteen interim councillors.
5. The first election for a mayor and six councillors (one for each of six wards) was on November 5, 2018 resulting in the election of a Mayor (Gerald Watts) and Six councillors.