Megan Denise Fox, born May 16, 1986, is an American actress and model. She began her acting career in 2001, with several minor television and film roles, and played a regular role on the Hope & Faith television sitcom. Take a look below for 30 more fun and interesting facts about Megan Fox.
1. In 2004, she made her film debut with a role in the teen comedy Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.
2. In 2007, she co-starred as Mikaela Banes, the love interest of Shia LaBeouf’s character, in the blockbuster action movie Transformers, which became her breakout role.
3. Fox reprised her role in the 2009 sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
4. In 2009, she starred as the eponymous lead in the black comedy horror movie Jennifer’s Body.
5. In 2014, she starred as April O’Neil in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and reprised the role in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
6. Fox is considered one of the modern female sex symbols and has appeared in magazines such as Maxim, Rolling Stone and FHM.
7. She was born in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, to mother Gloria Darlene and father Franklin Thomas Fox.
8. Fox’s father, a parole officer, and her mother divorced when Fox was three years old.
9. Her mother later remarried, and Fox and her sister were raised by her mother and her stepfather, Tony Tonachio.
10. She was raised “very strictly Pentecostal,” but later attended Catholic school for 12 years.
11. Fox said that her parents were very strict and that she wasn’t allowed to have a boyfriend or invite friends to her house. She lived with her mother until she made enough money to support herself.
12. Fox began her training in dance and drama when she was five years old in Kingston, Tennessee.
13. She attended a dance class at the community center in Kingston and was involved in Kingston Elementary School’s chorus and the Kingston Clippers swim team.
14. When she was 10 years old, after moving to St. Petersburg, Florida, Fox continued her training.
15. When she was 13 years old, Fox began modeling after winning several awards at the 1999 American Modeling and Talent Convention in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
16. At the age of 17, she tested out of school via correspondence in order to move to Los Angeles, California.
17. Fox spoke freely about her time in school, stating that in middle school she was bullied and had to eat lunch in the bathroom to avoid being, “pelted with ketchup packets.” She said that the problem was not her looks, but that she had always gotten along better with the boys and that rubbed some people the wrong way.
18. Fox said that she was never popular in high school, and that, “everyone hated me, and I was a total outcast, my friends were always guys, I have a very aggressive personality and girls didn’t like me for that. I’ve had only one great girlfriend my whole life.”
19. She’s a huge fan of both comic books and video games. Her favorite artist is the late Michael Turner.
20. She’s the first actress to ever grace the front cover of GoreZone magazine.
21. Fox married Brian Austin Green in a sunset ceremony on a beach in Hawaii with his son Kassius as their only witness.
22. She was banned from Walmart at the age of 15 after being caught shoplifting.
23. She gave birth to her first child at the age of 26, a son named Noah Shannon Green on September 27, 2012. The child’s father is her husband, Brian Austin Green.
24. She gave birth to her second child at the age of 27, a son named Bodhi Ransom Green on February 12, 2014. The child’s father is her husband, Brian Austin Green.
25. Fox auditioned for the role of Lisa the babysitter in The Amityville Horror, which went to Rachel Nichols.
26. She showed interest for the role of Carrie White in the horror remake Carrie, which went to Chloe Grace Moretz.
27. She has a quote from William Shakespeare’s King Lear tattooed on her right shoulder that reads: “We will all laugh at gilded butterflies.”
28. Fox is the first actress who was born after the comic debut of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to portray April O’Neil in a live action movie.
29. Fox said that she has ADHD and OCD. She claims that she was rejected by the other girls in school because she was too aggressive and hyperactive. She was bullied for acting differently and taking Ritalin.
30. Fox has a form of brachydactyly called clubbed thumb, and has discussed her OCD, insecurities, self-harming, and has acknowledged that she has low self-esteem.