Hayden Lesley Panettiere is an American actress, model and singer. She is known for playing cheerleader Claire Bennet on the NBC sci-fi series Heroes and Juliette Barnes in the ABC/CMT musical drama series Nashville. A native of New York, she first appeared in a commercial at the age of eleven months. Take a look below for 30 more fascinating and interesting facts about Hayden Panettiere.
1. Panettiere was born in and partly raised in Palisades, New York.
2. She is the daughter of Lesley R. Vogel, a former soap opera actress, and Alan Lee “Skip” Panettiere, a fire captain.
3. She has Italian, with some English and German, ancestry.
4. She has one younger brother, fellow actor Jansen Panettiere.
5. Her mother’s family lives in Indiana.
6. After Panettiere attended South Orangetown Middle School in New York, she was homeschooled and had private tutors from grade nine to the completion of high school to accommodate her acting schedule.
7. Panettiere dated her Heroes colleague Milo Ventimiglia from December 2007 to February 2009.
8. She met the then world heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko in 2009 at the book launch party for mutual acquaintance Diana Jenkins’ Room 23 (both appeared in the book), and they soon began dating.
9. Panettiere was ringside for Klitschko’s knockout victory over Samuel Peter on September 11, 2010.
10. In May 2011, she announced that they had split. Both cited the long-distance nature of their relationship as the reason, and said they would remain close friends.
11. Panettiere confirmed reports that she and Klitschko had resumed their romantic relationship in an April 2013 interview.
12. In October 2013, she announced her engagement to Klitschko. In December 2014, Panettiere gave birth to their daughter.
13. In August 2018, Panettiere’s mother confirmed the couple had broken up again, remaining on friendly terms.
14. In 2015, she stated that following the birth of her daughter she experienced post-partum depression. In her September 28 appearance on Live with Kelly and Michael, she said that it’s “scary and needs to be talked about”.
15. In October, Panettiere voluntarily checked into a facility for treatment, causing her to miss filming for a few episodes of Nashville. She returned to treatment in May 2016.
16. In 2007, Panettiere became an official supporter of Ronald McDonald House Charities and is a member of their celebrity board, called the Friends of RMHC.
17. On October 31, 2007, Panettiere joined with The Whaleman Foundation to try to disrupt the annual dolphin hunt in Taiji, Wakayama, Japan.
18. he was involved in a confrontation between Japanese fishermen and five other surfers of the group from Australia and the United States (including former Home and Away actress Isabel Lucas). The confrontation lasted more than ten minutes before the surfers were forced to return to the beach, after which they left the country.
19. Parts of the confrontation can be seen on the award-winning Sundance Film Festival documentary film The Cove. The fishermen consider the condemnation as an attack on their culture.
20. In November 2007, she was awarded the “Compassion in Action Award” from the animal rights group PETA for her efforts to stop the dolphin hunt in Japan.
21. On January 28, 2008, Panettiere handed a letter of protest to the Norwegian ambassador in the U.S. arguing that Norway should stop its hunt for whales. She also delivered a letter to the Japanese ambassador calling for the end of Japan’s hunting of whales.
22. At a 2007 Greenpeace event in Anchorage, Alaska, Panettiere defended aboriginal whaling, saying that there is a difference between commercial whaling and the whaling practiced by aboriginal tribes in the U.S.
23. In May 2008, Panettiere was involved in an eBay auction to benefit Save the Whales Again, a campaign of The Whaleman Foundation. The auction included tickets to a fundraising dinner hosted at the Hollywood restaurant Beso, owned by Eva Longoria, and a whale watching tour, with Panettiere, off the coast of Santa Barbara.
24. In September 2008, Panettiere launched her own line of calfskin leather bags for the company Dooney & Bourke.
25. In October, she delved into the presidential election, releasing a satirical public service announcement through the website Funny or Die. In this video, Panettiere mocked Republican candidate John McCain for his age and temper.
26. She subsequently made clear her intention to vote for Barack Obama and urged other young people to vote.
27. Panettiere also appeared in a public service announcement with DC Shadow Senator Paul Strauss endorsing voting rights for the District of Columbia.
28. On May 6, 2009, she participated in a town hall meeting in New York City alongside Bristol Palin and Major League Baseball pitcher Matt Garza on the issue of teen pregnancy.
29. On December 6, 2013, Panettiere and her then-fiancé Wladimir Klitschko visited the Euromaidan-protests in Kiev, Ukraine. Wladimir’s brother, Vitali, was one of the leading figures of the protests.
30. She was a teen ambassador for the Candie’s Foundation, whose mission is to prevent teen pregnancy.