Goodra is a Dragon-type pseudo-legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Sliggoo starting at level 50 when leveled up during rain (or fog in Generation VII) in the overworld. Rain instigated by Rain Dance, Drizzle or Primordial Sea will not trigger this evolution. It is the final form of Goomy. Take a look below for 30 amazing and awesome facts about Goodra.
1. Goodra is a bipedal, draconic Pokemon that is coated with slime.
2. Most of its body is pale purple with a darker purple underside.
3. It has bright green eyes, two green spots on each cheek, a relatively long neck, and a short, rounded snout.
4. On top of its head are two pairs of antenna-like horns.
5. The foremost horns are small nubs, but the hind horns are longer, thicker, and curve down its neck.
6. The tips of the larger horns are slightly curled.
7. It has proportionally short limbs with two digits each and a large, thick tail with a curled tip.
8. Along each side of its tail are three green spots.
9. A pale green slime is usually visible dripping from its chin and arms.
10. Because of its meek, friendly nature, Goodra is often teased due to how weak it is.
11. Goodra is known to be very friendly.
12. When it grows close to someone, it will hug them and leave them coated in slime.
13. If it is left alone, it will ooze gooey tears.
14. Goodra usually misunderstands instructions, appearing dazed or bewildered.
15. Despite this, many Trainers don’t mind it, instead finding this behavior to be adorable.
16. However, it will strike at its tormentors with its retractable horns and powerful tail.
17. The horns can hit 100 times harder than the blow of a heavyweight boxer.
18. It is also capable of throwing punches with incredible force.
19. Its slimy coating in combination with a layer of fat causes attacks to slide off.
20. Goodra is the only pseudo-legendary of a single type.
21. Goodra has the highest base Special Defense stat of all pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
22. Goodra has the lowest base Attack and Defense stats of all pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
23. Goodra shares its category with Horsea, the Dratini evolutionary line, and Salamence. They are all known as the Dragon Pokémon.
24. Every one of Goodra’s base stats are exactly double those of Goomy, with Sliggoo’s being halfway in between (rounded up).
25. Goodra is the only pseudo-legendary to have a signature Ability, which is exclusively obtained as a Hidden Ability.
26. Goodra was designed by Saya Tsuruta.
27. Goodra, due to its Dragon type, elongated body shape, and retractable tentacles used for battling is probably based on the Lou Carcolh, a mythical serpent/mollusk creature from French folklore.
28. Like its pre-evolutions, it could also be based on soft bodied gastropods, such as slugs and nudibranch; in particular, the “blue dragon” sea slug; Goodra’s Pokédex entry may be a reference to slug’s retractable eyes, which retract when they are in danger.
29. Alternatively, it could be based on the yōkai called Shussebora, meaning “ascended trumpet shell”, which is a trumpet shell snail that lives 1000 years in the mountains, 1000 on the plains, and 1000 at sea, then will ascend and turn into a dragon.
30. Goodra is a combination of goo and dragon. It may also be a play on good or hydra.