Weezing is a Poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Koffing starting at level 35. In Galar, Weezing has a Poison and Fairy type regional form. It evolves from Koffing starting at level 35. Take a look below for 27 fun and awesome facts about Weezing.
1. Weezing is a purple Pokemon consisting of two spherical heads connected by a thin tube with another sphere in the center.
2. The heads have differing sizes and features.
3. The left head is larger and has prominent eyebrows, pointed teeth protruding from its lower jaw, and two flat teeth in its upper jaw.
4. The smaller, right head simply has two pointed teeth, one at each corner of its mouth.
5. The larger head has a cream-colored skull-and-crossbones marking below its face, while the smaller head has a ring marking instead.
6. It is covered with many geyser-like protrusions, which usually expel mustard-colored gases.
7. Weezing is said to form when poisonous gases pool and two Koffing fuse over many years.
8. Very rarely, two Koffing can become a Weezing in a short time-span because of a sudden mutation.
9. Triplet Weezing have been discovered, although they are extremely rare.
10. Each of Weezing’s heads contains a different toxin.
11. It mixes its gases by inflating one head and deflating the other.
12. When its gases mix, Weezing becomes more toxic and putrid.
13. Weezing can hover in midair, presumably due to gases lighter than air, as is the case for Koffing.
14. Despite their stench and poison, Weezing’s gases can be used to make top-grade perfume by diluting them to the highest level.
15. Weezing lives in urban areas.
16. It seeks a dirty, unkempt house and nests there.
17. At night, when the people in the house are asleep, it will go through the trash.
18. Weezing feeds on the dust, microorganisms, and especially gases emitted by garbage and toxic waste.
19. Weezing’s body expands and smells worse upon inhaling poisonous gases.
20. In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Weezing was originally known as “La”, representing Los Angeles’ polluted air.
21. No Pokémon have the same type combination as Galarian Weezing.
22. In certain instances in the games, such as summary pages and Pokémon Contests, a Pokémon’s sprite is horizontally flipped, unless its body is asymmetrical. However, Weezing’s sprite is flipped in all instances despite its asymmetrical body.
23. In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Pokédex entries for Weezing state that triplet forms have been discovered; however, this variant has not been shown in any Pokémon media.
24. Weezing shares similar traits to Muk and Garbodor. All three Pokémon are pure Poison types with a single pre-evolution, roughly the same base stat totals and evolution levels, and appear to be based on a different kind of pollution; Weezing being air pollution.
25. Considering its looks, its ability to float, and its tendency to explode, it may have been based upon a floating naval mine or living meteorite.
26. It is also based on smog and other forms of air pollution.
27. Weezing may also be based on the imagined fear that heavy pollution, caused by the leakage and/or improper disposal of toxic and/or radioactive waste, may result in the creation of new and undesirable life forms.