Darumaka is a Fire type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Darmanitan starting at level 35. In Galar, Darumaka has an Ice type regional form. It evolves into Galarian Darmanitan when exposed to an Ice Stone. Take a look below for 27 fascinating and fun facts about Darumaka.
1. Darumaka is a round, red Pokemon with an orange face and yellow curly eyebrows.
2. It has three yellow ovals on its abdomen and a curvy yellow line on its back.
3. Its paws are orange and have three digits each.
4. It has very warm droppings, which ancient people put in their clothes to keep themselves warm.
5. When the flame inside its body burns, Darumaka is very active.
6. It cannot calm down in this state, and thus becomes uncontrollable.
7. As the flame shrinks, it falls asleep.
8. It can tuck in its arms and legs when it rests; during that time, it slightly sways.
9. While it is sleeping, it cannot be tipped over no matter how much it is pushed or pulled, like a tumbler doll, which it resembles in this state.
10. It prefers to live in a desert environment.
11. Galarian Darumaka has a thicker coat than normal Darumaka, several turquoise ice crystals as its eyebrows and on its chest, and has blue hands and face with white snowy fur.
12. Unlike its normal form, Galarian Darumaka has a timid frown instead of a mischievous smile.
13. Seismic shift in the Galar region long ago caused the warm climate to cool, and Darumaka in this region have adapted to this cooling. The fire that burned within their bodies went out, leaving an organ that produces cold air instead.
14. The colder Darumaka gets, the more energetic it becomes. They can focus their internal energy to breathe out cold air in the form of snow, which they use to make snowballs for ammo in playful snowball fights with each other.
15. Galarian Darumaka enjoys eating Berries produced by Snover. This leads it to prey on Snover often being driven off by Abomasnow.
16. Darumaka has the lowest Special Attack base stat of all Fire-type Pokémon.
17. Darumaka seems to be based on a Daruma doll. When it is resting, it resembles the type of Daruma doll that does not tip over. Its Fire type may be based upon the traditional Daruma burning ceremony.
18. Galarian Darumaka seems to be based on a mixture of a snowman, called yuki-daruma in Japanese (thus explaining its Ice typing), and a monkey.
19. Darumaka and Darumakka seem to be a combination of Daruma and makka (crimson) or a corruption of macaque.
20. Two Darumaka debuted in Saving Darmanitan From the Bell!, where they were stealing food for a Darmanitan who couldn’t move because it was in Zen Mode during an effort to keep a clock tower from collapsing with its Psychic. They reappeared in a flashback in Explorers of the Hero’s Ruin!.
21. A wild Darumaka appeared in PK22 alongside a Drilbur and Gothita. All three were angry at Oshawott and Tepig, who had eaten the apples that they had collected.
22. A Trainer’s Darumaka appeared in Lost at the League!, where it battled Ash’s Scraggy during the Vertress Conference. It was ultimately defeated.
23. Three Darumaka appeared in The Pirates of Decolore!, all under the ownership between two young Trainers. They were trapped on a stranded inflatable raft, but the group was eventually rescued by the pirate Pokémon.
24. A Trainer’s Darumaka appeared in Iris’s flashback in Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!.
25. A Darumaka appeared in The Club Battle Hearts of Fury: Emolga Versus Sawk!, under the ownership of Dino. He used it against Ash and his Palpitoad in the semifinals of the Club Battle Tournament, but it was defeated by one Hydro Pump. It was revealed to have evolved into Darmanitan during A Unova League Evolution!.
26. A Darumaka appeared in Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!, under the ownership of Katharine. It was offered to Ash for a trade for his Scraggy.
27. Multiple Darumaka appeared in The Lonely Deino!, under the care of a Day Care owner named Bobby.