Nidoqueen is a dual type Poison and Ground Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Nidorina when exposed to a Moon Stone. It is the final form of Nidoran. Nidoqueen can’t breed. Take a look below for 27 awesome and fascinating facts about Nidoqueen.
1. Nidoqueen is a large, bipedal blue Pokemon with distinct reptilian features.
2. Its body is encased with extremely hard scales that serve as excellent protection from any attack and stand up when Nidoqueen is excited or provoked.
3. It has a blunt snout, narrow brown eyes, and large ears with brown insides.
4. There is a small horn on its forehead, a single spine on each ear, and a line of toxic spikes running down the length of its back.
5. Each hand has three short claws and each foot was two claws.
6. Its lower jaw, the front of its abdomen, and two plates on its chest are cream-colored.
7. It has a thick, powerful tail.
8. Nidoqueen can be quite fierce and is very protective of its young.
9. This Pokémon is at its strongest when it is defending its young, and it will try to seal the entrance to its burrow to protect them.
10. When in contact with foes, it can poison them with the spikes from its back or cause small tremors by slamming the ground.
11. It is also adept at sending foes flying with harsh tackles and it uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves.
12. Being the result of an evolution via evolutionary stone, Nidoqueen is rarely found in the wild, though they can be found in savannas and plains.
13. Despite its pre-evolved form Nidoran♀ and Nidoqueen’s male counterpart Nidoking being able to breed, Nidoqueen and its pre-evolved form Nidorina are unable to breed.
14. This also makes Nidorina and Nidoqueen the only two Pokémon that cannot breed even though their pre-evolution can breed.
15. Despite being in the Undiscovered Group, Nidoqueen was shown to be capable of breeding in the anime special Mewtwo Returns, when a cloned Nidoqueen and a cloned Rhyhorn produced Eggs containing both baby Rhyhorn and baby Nidoqueen (not baby Nidoran♀).
16. Nidoqueen is the only Nidoran evolutionary family member whose Shiny color is not the same as its opposite-gender counterpart’s normal color.
17. Nidoqueen and its male counterpart Nidoking share their category name with Rhydon and Rhyperior. They are all known as the Drill Pokémon. All four are also Ground types.
18. Aside from Nidoking, no other Pokémon has the same type combination as Nidoqueen.
19. In the Japanese games Pokémon Red and Green, Nidoqueen weighs 6.0 kg instead of 60.0 kg (as it does in all other games). This has no mechanical significance, as no game mechanics use weight in the handheld Generation I games.
20. Prior to Generation IV, Nidoqueen was depicted in the games and official artwork as having fangs. Why her fangs were removed in later generations is unknown.
21. Nidoqueen shares traits of rhinoceroses, gorillas, rabbits, mice, and porcupines.
22. The coverings on its chest and its lower abdomen collectively resemble a two-piece bikini.
23. Nidoqueen may be a combination of needle and queen (reflective of its gender and being the final evolution).
24. Nido may also be based on cnidocyte, a type of venomous cell responsible for the stings delivered by stinging animals, most notably by jellyfish.
25. Nidoqueen debuted in Mewtwo Strikes Back, under the ownership of Fergus. She was one of the Pokémon that were captured and cloned by Mewtwo. The Nidoqueen clone was seen again in Mewtwo Returns, along with what was apparently a Nidoqueen baby, despite the fact that Nidoqueen cannot breed and her unevolved form is Nidoran♀.
26. Nidoqueen made her main series debut in Navel Maneuvers, under the ownership of Navel Island Gym Leader Danny. She competed against Ash’s Lapras in a challenge to freeze a super-heated geyser. Afterwards, Nidoqueen helped Danny’s Machoke and Scyther carve Danny’s sled. She reappeared in flashbacks in A Way Off Day Off and Hello, Pummelo!.
27. A Nidoqueen debuted in A Tent Situation, under the ownership of Gary Oak. She was used to defend his grandfather’s laboratory from Team Rocket. Nidoqueen reappeared in Can’t Beat the Heat!, where Gary used her during his match against Ash in the Silver Conference. She defeated Tauros and was defeated by Snorlax.