Farfetch’d is a dual type Normal and Flying Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokemon. In Galar, Farfetch’d has a Fighting type regional form. Galarian Farfetch’d evolves into Sirfetch’d after landing 3 critical hits in a single battle. Take a look below for 27 amazing and interesting facts about Farfetch’d.
1. Farfetch’d is an avian Pokemon that resembles a light brown duck with a white underbelly.
2. It has a flat, yellow beak, brown eyes, a V-shaped black marking on its forehead, and a three-feather crest on top of its head.
3. Its wings are as big as its body and appear to be prehensile enough to substitute for hands.
4. It has yellow legs with webbed feet and a stubby tail.
5. Farfetch’d is always seen carrying a leek stalk or spring onion.
6. It carries this sprig in its wings, but sometimes chooses to hold it in its beak or feet instead.
7. Unable to live without its stick, Farfetch’d will defend the stalk with its life.
8. Known uses for the stick include use as a weapon, nesting material, and emergency food source.
9. It is selective about which sticks it will use and has been known to fight over good ones.
10. It is also the only Pokémon capable of using the Stick item.
11. Farfetch’d is found in temperate grasslands.
12. Farfetch’d and its evolution are the only Pokémon with an apostrophe in their names.
13. Due to this, it is impossible to return a nicknamed Farfetch’d to its species name in the English, Spanish, or Italian versions of the Generation I and II games. This is because the apostrophe is not available as a character for nicknames.
14. Farfetch’d is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 377.
15. According to the anime, Farfetch’d are rare because they have been over-hunted for food. This means Farfetch’d is one of the few Pokémon confirmed to be used for food.
16. Due to changes to the critical-hit formula in Generation VI, if holding its signature item, the Stick, and using a move with an increased critical-hit ratio, the move will always land as a critical hit.
17. Farfetch’d is based on a duck.
18. Farfetch’d is derived from far-fetched, meaning unbelievable, perhaps relating to Farfetch’d’s rarity or the “far-fetched” theme of its Japanese name.
19. Farfetch’d debuted in So Near, Yet So Farfetch’d, under the ownership of Keith. Keith used Farfetch’d to help steal other Trainers’ Pokémon, including Misty’s and Team Rocket’s. It was used in a battle against Ash and battled Bulbasaur before losing to Misty and her Psyduck.
20. Multiple Farfetch’d appeared in A Way Off Day Off as residents of a deserted island, which is the home of many different fruit trees.
21. A Farfetch’d appeared in A Farfetch’d Tale, under the ownership of Sylvester. He was trying to learn to make Charcoal by using Farfetch’d’s Cut attack.
22. A group of seven Farfetch’d appeared in Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl!. They would appear whenever Crystal whistles.
23. A Farfetch’d appeared in Smells Like Team Spirit!, under the ownership of Holly. It was used against Ash and Paul during the Hearthome City Tag Battle Competition. Farfetch’d teamed up with Croagunk and battled Staravia and Torterra but was knocked out by Torterra’s Hyper Beam.
24. A Farfetch’d appeared in To Thine Own Pokémon Be True!, under the ownership of Wilkinson. He used it in the Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament.
25. A Farfetch’d appeared in Pathways to Performance Partnering!, under the ownership of Nini. It performs with Nini’s Smoochum in Pokémon Showcases.
26. A Farfetch’d appeared in Pikachu’s Vacation as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Theme Park.
27. A Farfetch’d appeared in the Japanese credits of Pikachu’s Rescue Adventure.