Heliolisk is a dual-type Electric/Normal Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves from Helioptile when exposed to a Sun Stone. Take a look below for 26 interesting and fun facts about Heliolisk.
1. Heliolisk is a bipedal Pokemon that resembles a yellow lizard.
2. Its head is mostly black with a yellow lower jaw.
3. It has blue eyes with a pointed spike over each.
4. Covering its neck is a black frill with orange spikes around the rim.
5. This frill can be raised to frame its head if needed.
6. Its hands and feet are black with three digits each and there is an orange band with triangular markings around each leg.
7. It has a long, tapering tail that is orange and then black at the tip.
8. Heliolisk can generate sufficient electricity to power a skyscraper, simply by flaring open its frill.
9. This electric energy can be used to stimulate its muscles, which boosts the strength in its legs.
10. This allows it to sprint a hundred yards in five seconds.
11. Heliolisk and its pre-evolved form Helioptile are the only known Pokémon capable of learning Parabolic Charge in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
12. Heliolisk is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 481.
13. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Heliolisk and its pre-evolved form.
14. Heliolisk is the only non-Grass-type Pokémon to evolve by using a Sun Stone.
15. Heliolisk is the only Pokémon to have more than five hangul characters in its Korean name.
16. Heliolisk and its pre-evolved form are the only Pokémon to have three possible Abilities (Dry Skin, Sand Veil, and Solar Power) that gets affected by three different weather conditions (rain, sandstorm, and harsh sunlight, respectively).
17. Heliolisk is likely based on a frilled-neck lizard, because of its notable ability to expand its frill. With its frill fully expanded, Heliolisk also resembles the sun itself when viewed from the front; its black coloration may possibly be a reference to solar eclipses. It may also be based on the spotted salamander, a salamander that has the ability to photosynthesize.
18. Its ability to learn Surf may be a reference to the common basilisk, a reptile capable of running on water for short distances. Heliolisk’s ability to convert solar energy into electricity along with its title as the Generator Pokémon suggest that it may have been inspired by the solar power generation system. Its French name suggests it may be based on the iguana. Additionally, it shares few resemblances to the leopard gecko and the Dilophosaurus a genus of theropod with two crests on its head, that is commonly yet inaccurately depicted with frill on its neck.
19. Heliolisk is a combination of ἥλιος helios (Ancient Greek for sun), basilisk, and possibly obelisk, an ancient Egyptian monument that represented a ray of sunlight piercing the clouds and hitting the ground at a ninety-degree angle.
20. Clemont owns a Heliolisk that he mainly uses for Gym battles. Instead of taking it with him on his journey, he left it with Clembot so it could use it for Gym battles while he is away. It debuted in Clemont’s Got a Secret!.
21. A Heliolisk appeared in a fantasy in Breaking Titles at the Chateau!.
22. A Heliolisk appeared in The Cave of Trials!, evolving from a Helioptile using a Sun Stone.
23. A Heliolisk appeared in A Showcase Debut!, under the ownership of a Pokémon Performer competing in the Coumarine City Pokémon Showcase.
24. A Heliolisk appeared in A Fashionable Battle!.
25. A Heliolisk appeared in Lights! Camera! Pika!, under the ownership of Frank. Frank used Heliolisk alongside Swirlix and Magnemite to provide the lighting whilst filming his movies.
26. A Heliolisk appeared in Party Dancecapades!, under the ownership of a Pokémon Performer attending Monsieur Pierre’s dance party.