Chad Michael Murray is an American actor, spokesperson, writer and former fashion model. He is best known for playing Lucas Scott in The WB/CW drama series “One Tree Hill.” He had starring roles in the films “Freaky Friday,” “A Cinderella Story,” and “House of Wax.” Take a look below for 26 more fun and interesting facts about Chad Michael Murray.
1. Murray was born in Buffalo, New York, to Rex Murray, an air traffic controller, and was abandoned by his mother at a young age.
2. His abandonment issues were the main reasons he took the part of Lucas Scott.
3. He has three brothers, one sister, one half-brother, one step-sister, and one step-brother.
4. Murray attended Clarence High School in Clarence, New York.
5. He became a fan of literature and played football.
6. In his late teens, he broke his nose.
7. This led to reports during his career that he had received a nose job. Murray clarified in a 2004 interview, “I got jumped in a Burger King when I was 18 and had my nose put on the other side of my face. It was three guys – what the hell was I supposed to do? The doctors didn’t even bother running X-rays. They just reset it. But it wasn’t a nose job – I hate the fact that people say it was a nose job!”
8. In 1999, Murray moved to Hollywood where he supported himself modeling for such clients as Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger and Gucci.
9. He was cast in the role of rich brat, Tristin DuGray on “Gilmore Girls;” which was one of the main characters in the first season of the series and then became a recurring character thereafter.
10. He appeared in several guest starring television roles, including an episode of “Undressed” and an episode of “Diagnosis: Murder.”
11. Murray portrayed the role Charlie Todd on the successful television series “Dawson’s Creek” in 2001.
12. In 2003, he appeared in television film, “Aftermath: A Long Way Home.” Murray then appeared in the Walt Disney Pictures feature film, “Freaky Friday” alongside Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis.
13. In 2005, Murray starred in “House of Wax.” The film grossed $12 million in its first day.
14. In May 2009, The CW announced Murray would not be returning to “One Tree Hill” for its seventh season. A video of Murray was recorded in which he was telling fans that they did not want him back because they wanted to save money. However, Mark Schwann said in an interview that he had been offered “great things” to return to the show.
15. In 2010, Murray played Alicia Keys‘s love interest in her music video for “Un-Thinkable (I’m Ready)”.
16. In 2011, The CW announced he would return for a guest appearance as Lucas Scott in the final season of “One Tree Hill.”
17. In August 2014, he was cast in a featured role as Agent Jack Thompson for Marvel’s television series “Agent Carter,” and has returned for the second season.
18. Murray released a novel in September 2011 titled “Everlast.”
19. In 2017, he published “American Drifter: An Exhilarating Tale of Love and Murder,” which he coauthored with Heather Graham. The romantic thriller was inspired by a dream.
20. Murray became engaged to his “One Tree Hill” co-star Sophia Bush in May 2004, and they married on April 16, 2005, in Santa Monica, California.
21. They announced their separation in September 2005. In February 2006, Bush filed papers for an annulment, citing fraud.
22. Bush’s petition was denied, and she and Murray were instead granted a divorce in December 2006.
23. Following his separation from Bush, Murray began dating Kenzie Dalton, whom he met in 2005 when Dalton, a first runner-up in the 2005 Miss North Carolina Teen USA pageant, was an extra on “One Tree Hill.”
24. They became engaged in April 2006, but in August 2013, they called off their seven-year engagement.
25. In 2014, Murray began dating his “Chosen” co-star Sarah Roemer. In January 2015, it was announced that he and Roemer had married, and were expecting their first child.
26. They announced that Roemer gave birth to their son on May 31, 2015. In November 2016, they announced that they were expecting their second child. Their second child, a daughter, was born in March 2017.