Swirlix is a Fairy-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Slurpuff when traded holding a Whipped Dream. Take a look below for 26 amazing and fun facts about Swirlix.
1. Swirlix is a small, round Pokemon covered with fluffy white fur.
2. It has reddish pink eyes with white pupils, round ears with light pink tips, a tiny reddish pink nose, and is often seen with its tongue poking out of the corner of its mouth.
3. In between its ears is a more prominent tuft of fur.
4. Poking out of the bottom of its fur is its light pink tail.
5. Its feet are usually tucked up in its fur, but when they are visible, they are seen to be a light pink and have three toes.
6. Swirlix only eats sweets, which makes its fur as sticky as cotton candy.
7. Its fur is said to smell like cotton candy.
8. It can entangle its opponents with white sticky thread.
9. The amount of sugar it eats is equal to its weight.
10. It is known to become grumpy if it doesn’t eat enough sugar.
11. Swirlix can be seen as a parallel to Spritzee. Both are Generation VI Fairy-type Pokémon that are version-exclusives of Pokémon X and Y, with Swirlix being exclusive to X, and Spritzee to Y, both have signature Abilities that affect themselves as well as their allies, and both evolve when traded holding a certain item.
12. Swirlix may be based on cotton candy, previously known as fairy floss (a name still used in Australia), which may be the inspiration for its type.
13. The way Swirlix entangles foes in its sticky threads may be a reference to European folktales in which eating fairy food traps mortals in the fairy realm.
14. Considering its lolling tongue, nose, ear-like circular “bumps” on its head, and its tail, it may also be based on a dog, more specifically a Bichon Frise or poodle.
15. Its white body and pink, ear-like bumps may also reference folk beliefs that one can distinguish a fairy dog by its white fur and red ears.
16. Swirlix may be a combination of swirl and a corruption of licks.
17. Five Swirlix appeared in A Battle by Any Other Name!. They attacked Serena and Fennekin after believing they were the ones who stole all of the Berries in their forest. The misunderstanding was eventually resolved when Team Rocket was revealed to be the true culprits.
18. A Swirlix appeared in a flashback in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, under the ownership of Raleigh. It was revealed to have evolved into a Slurpuff prior to the events of the movie.
19. Swirlix debuted in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!.
20. A Swirlix made a cameo appearance in A PokéVision of Things to Come!.
21. A Swirlix made a cameo appearance in The Bonds of Evolution!.
22. A Swirlix made a cameo appearance in The Cave of Trials!.
23. Two Swirlix appeared in Summer of Discovery!, with one under the ownership of a Trainer and the other under the ownership of Shauna. The former was one of the Pokémon that participated in the Pokémon Summer Camp, while the latter was only seen on a Pokévision video icon. The first Swirlix reappeared in Foggy Pokémon Orienteering! and Battling Into the Hall of Fame!.
24. A Performer’s Swirlix appeared in A Showcase Debut!, where it participated in the Coumarine Showcase. It appeared again in Master Class Choices!, where it was used in the Fleurrh Showcase.
25. A Swirlix made a cameo appearance in The Future Is Now, Thanks to Determination!.
26. A Trainer’s Swirlix appeared in Confronting the Darkness!.