Espurr is a Psychic-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It evolves into Meowstic starting at level 25. Take a look below for 25 interesting and fun facts about Espurr.
1. Espurr is a bipedal, feline Pokemon.
2. Its fur is a pale gray with white tips on its ears and white paws.
3. There are tousled tufts of fur on its head, cheeks, shoulders, chest, and hips.
4. It has wide, pale purple eyes with darker purple pupils, a tiny nose, and a small mouth.
5. When its mouth is open, two pointed teeth can be seen on its upper jaw.
6. Its tail is fluffy and slightly curled.
7. Espurr’s ears are quite large in proportion to its body and folded.
8. Beneath its ears are two ring-shaped yellow organs.
9. These organs emit Espurr’s intense psychic powers.
10. It has no control over its power, and it would leak out if the ears were not sheltering the organs.
11. It has enough psychic energy to create a blast radius of 300 feet (90 meters).
12. This psychic energy can send even a wrestler flying.
13. Espurr appears to be based on a kitten, particularly the Scottish Fold breed due to its curled ears and lilac coloring. It may also be inspired by nekomata, who were inspired by cats who live many years until their tail splits and they gain supernatural powers, much like when Espurr evolves into Meowstic.
14. Espurr is a combination of ESP, esper, and purr.
15. Espurr debuted in Seeking Shelter from the Storm!, where it was the sole resident of an abandoned mansion belonging to its deceased owner Lacy.
16. A Trainer’s Espurr appeared in Summer of Discovery! and Foggy Pokémon Orienteering!, and in a picture in Battling Into the Hall of Fame!. It was one of the Pokémon that participated in the Pokémon Summer Camp.
17. An Espurr appeared in Day Three Blockbusters!.
18. Two Espurr appeared in a flashback in Splitting Heirs!, under the ownership of two brothers, Blake and Heath.
19. An Espurr appeared in The Future Is Now, Thanks to Determination!.
20. A Trainer’s Espurr appeared in A Performance Pop Quiz!.
21. Two Espurr appeared in Cloudy Fate, Bright Future!. One was under the ownership of a Psychic, while the other was owned by a Trainer.
22. An Espurr appeared in Party Dancecapades!, under the ownership of a Pokémon Performer participating in Monsieur Pierre’s dance party.
23. Three Espurr appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel as residents of the Nebel Plateau.
24. A Trainer’s Espurr appeared in The First Day of the Rest of Your Life!.
25. A Trainer with three Espurr appeared in Kalos League Passion with a Certain Flare!.