Sara Rue, born January 26, 1979, is an American actress. She’s known for her performances as Carmen Ferrara on Popular, and as Claude Casey on Less than Perfect. In 2011, she hosted The CW reality series Shedding for the Wedding. Take a look below for 25 more interesting and fascinating facts about Sara Rue.
1. Rue had a recurring role in the comedy Rules of Engagement, where she played Brenda, the softball teammate and good friend of Jeff Bingham.
2. She had a regular role as Kim on the short-lived ABC sitcom Malibu Country, and appeared in the main cast of the TV Land comedy series Impastor.
3. Rue was born Sara Schlackman in New York City, the daughter of Joan Schlackman, a municipal employee and former actress, and Marc Schlackman, a stage manager.
4. She’s the elder of two daughters, was raised in New York and was active with her parents in Broadway theater.
5. She began her acting career at the age of nine, appearing in the 1988 movie Rocket Gibraltar as Kevin Spacey’s daughter.
6. Rue played a very young Roseanne in the first meeting of Roseanne and Dan at a dance on the television show Roseanne.
7. Rue starred in the comedy Grand, before going on to work on Phenom, Minor Adjustments, Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane, ER, The Division, Popular and Less than Perfect.
8. She has appeared in several movies: A Map of the World, Can’t Hardly Wait, A Slipping Down Life, Idiocracy, Gypsy 83 and had a small part as a babysitter in Gore Verbinski’s adaption of The Ring.
9. She impressed director Michael Bay so much that a role was written into the movie Pearl Harbor just for her.
10. In 2006, she starred in the stage musical Little Egypt with French Stewart, Jenny O’Hara and Gregg Henry at the Matrix Theater in Los Angeles.
11. She guest starred in Two and a Half Men as Berta’s pregnant youngest daughter.
12. She had a stint on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, playing Leonard Hofstadter’s physician girlfriend Dr. Stephanie Barnett for three episodes.
13. In 2009, Rue appeared in the movies Man Maid and For Christ’s Sake.
14. In October 2010, Rue joined the cast of Rules of Engagement in a recurring role as Brenda, Jeff and Audrey’s new surrogate.
15. She collects and plays vintage guitars.
16. She has stated that she was taught to drive by Debra Jo Rupp.
17. Rue has stated that she was taught to juggle by Glenn Close.
18. She and her ex-husband, Mischa Livingstone, were avid poker players.
19. In 2009, she was named Jenny Craig’s new celebrity spokeswoman.
20. On May 21, 2011, she married her boyfriend of 4 years Kevin Price following a 21 month engagement.
21. She has 2 daughters with her husband Kevin Price, Talulah Rue Price and Adelaide Rue Price.
22. Rue starred in the ABC show Malibu Country as Reba McEntire’s upbeat trophy wife neighbor, Kim Sallinger.
23. Since 2014, Rue has appeared in a recurring role as Candace on the CBS sitcom Mom.
24. In 2015, she was cast as main character Dora in the TV Land comedy Impastor. The show was cancelled after its second season in 2016.
25. In 2017, Rue was cast in the recurring role of Olivia Caliban on the second season of the Netflix comedy drama series A Series of Unfortunate Events.