Shiftry is a dual type Grass and Dark Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Nuzleaf when exposed to a Leaf Stone. It is the final form of Seedot. Take a look below for 25 awesome and interesting facts about Shiftry.
1. Shiftry is a bipedal, portly Pokemon that appears to be made of wood.
2. A shaggy white mane covers most of its face and trails down its back.
3. Long pointed ears poke out the top of its mane, and it has a long, pointed nose and a large mouth with teeth that are usually bared.
4. Its eyes are yellow with black sclerae.
5. This Pokémon’s feet resemble Japanese tengu-geta.
6. Three broad leaves with brown spokes form each of its hands, and are used to create powerful winds close to 100 feet (30 meters) per second in speed.
7. A female will have smaller leaves than the male.
8. Shiftry is a wicked, mysterious, and very rare Pokémon that lives atop ancient trees in deep tropical forests.
9. It arrives with chilly, wintry winds and is feared by people as the guardian of the forest.
10. It is able to read an opponent’s mind, and then take preemptive action.
11. In the anime, it was shown to lead large groups of Seedot and Nuzleaf.
12. Shiftry’s evolutionary line can be seen as a counterpart to Ludicolo’s family. All members of their respective families are part Grass-type, they first evolve at level 14, a respective evolutionary stone is used to reach the final stage, both of them are version-exclusive between Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, and both are based on yōkai: Shiftry’s family is based on the tengu and Ludicolo’s family is based on the kappa.
13. Shiftry are based on the tengu, who are known for their cruel tricks, ability to read minds, for protecting forests, and for wielding magical leaf fans called hauchiwa, known to have the power to stir great winds.
14. Tengu are also often depicted with long noses, flowing white hair, and wearing single-toothed wooden clogs called tengu-geta.
15. Shiftry may be a combination of shifty (deceitful) and tree.
16. Shiftry made its main series debut in Jump for Joy!. The Wicked Pokémon kidnapped Nurse Joy and took her to its lair to aid a wounded Nuzleaf.
17. A Shiftry debuted in Choose It or Lose It!, under the ownership of Tyson. He used it during the Ever Grande Conference, and it battled Ash’s Torkoal in At the End of the Fray, during which it was defeated.
18. A Shiftry appeared in From Cradle to Save, under the ownership of Angela. It was used to handle Team Rocket after they tried to steal the Pokémon of the Pokémon Ninja School.
19. A Shiftry appeared in Ka Boom with a View!, under the ownership of Spenser. It was the first Pokémon Spenser used in his battle against Ash at the Battle Palace, and it lost to Sceptile. It later reappeared in a flashback in King and Queen for a Day.
20. A Shiftry appeared in Leave it to Brocko! as the leader of a colony of Seedot and Nuzleaf.
21. A Shiftry appeared in To Thine Own Pokémon Be True!, under the ownership of O. It participated in the Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament. During the tournament, it was able to knock Dawn, Barry, and their Pokémon out of the competition and helped O win his second consecutive title.
22. Three Shiftry appeared in Mystery on a Deserted Island!, where at least one of them was part of the Pirate’s Pokémon crew. Multiple Shiftry later appeared on the Deserted Island with the treasure.
23. Shiftry debuted in a cameo in the opening sequence of Jirachi: Wish Maker, under the ownership of Brendan. It was used in a Double Battle alongside an Aggron.
24. A Shiftry appeared in a flashback in What You Seed is What You Get.
25. A Shiftry appeared in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys.