Arbok is a Poison type Pokemon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Ekans starting at level 22. Take a look below for 25 awesome and interesting facts about Arbok.
1. Arbok is a serpentine Pokemon that resembles a cobra.
2. It has narrow eyes and several sharp teeth.
3. Just below its head is a large hood with a face-like pattern.
4. This pattern has over 20 possible variations.
5. The pattern typically has two red and yellow eyespots outlined in black, a wide black streak resembling an upturned mouth, and a black V-shaped stripe above the eyespots.
6. Arbok is capable of crushing opponents by coiling its body around them and squeezing them tightly.
7. It can even flatten steel oil drums.
8. If it encounters an enemy, it raises its head, mimics, and stuns the opponent using the frightening pattern on its body.
9. It can also make eerie sounds by expelling air from its mouth.
10. It has been stated that if any part of Arbok’s body except for the head is cut off, it can regrow the rest of its body again in a matter of a few weeks.
11. It also has the ability to detect vibrations as shown in the anime.
12. Arbok has been known to be capable of spending long periods underwater and surviving in aquatic environments.
13. One particular Arbok could change its pattern at any time to increase power to different stats and get invulnerability to status conditions, if the pattern is uncovered.
14. Arbok is territorial.
15. It lashes out at intruders with long fangs tipped with deadly venom.
16. Vengeful in nature, it will not give up a chase once it targets its prey or an opponent, no matter how far.
17. It makes its home in grassy savannas and plains, but it can also be found in forests and desolate wastelands alongside its pre-evolved form Ekans.
19. When hunting, it uses the pattern on its hood to immobilize prey, then it begins constricting them, and it finally poisons the target to finish them off and eat them.
20. It is also capable of paralyzing opponents with its former signature move, Glare.
21. In the most infamous Pokémon Trainer’s Choice segment in A Fan with a Plan, it was erroneously claimed that Arbok is capable of evolving into Seviper.
22. The face-like pattern on Arbok’s chest has differences between games. Its appearance in Generation I, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, and from Generation IV onward differs from the variants shown in Generation II and in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. This supports Pokédex text which notes differences between Arbok in different areas; however, its markings in Johto- and Hoenn-based remakes differ from those in the original games set in those regions.
23. Arbok’s design is likely based on an Indian cobra.
24. Arbok and Ekans may also be inspired by the legendary basilisk since they were originally the only Pokémon to learn Glare.
25. Arbok is cobra spelled backwards, with k instead of c. Additionally, the name Arbok relates to its pre-evolution’s Japanese name, Arbo.