Slaking is a Normal type Pokemon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Vigoroth starting at level 36. It is the final form of Slakoth. Take a look below for 25 awesome and fascinating facts about Slaking.
1. Slaking is a large, bulky, ape-like bipedal Pokemon.
2. Most of its shaggy fur is brown, along with the semi-circle patterning under its eyes.
3. Its face, chest, hands, and feet are lighter in color.
4. Its brows are thick and jutting, and it has a large, pink, pig-like nose.
5. Around its neck is a white collar of fur that extends over the top of its head before ending in a small tuft.
6. It has large, five-fingered hands and two-toed feet.
7. During most of the day, Slaking lolls around and sleeps.
8. It is considered the laziest Pokémon, but even when it is lounging it’s saving energy.
9. It can exert a lot of power by releasing built up energy all at once, and can regain lost energy through the use of its former signature move, Slack Off.
10. Slaking lives in tropical forests, where it feeds on grass and ripened fruit that falls from trees.
11. It only moves around when there is no more food within reach for it to eat.
12. Slaking has several similarities to Regigigas. They are both Normal types, have hindering Abilities (Truant and Slow Start), have the highest base Attack stat of all Normal-type Pokémon, and have the same base stat totals.
13. A pre-alpha sketch from the development of Capsule Monsters depicts a Pokémon that bears a slight resemblance to Slaking.
14. Slaking appears to draw inspiration from sloths and some form of ape.
15. The inspiration from sloths makes it somewhat resemble a Megatherium, also known as the giant ground sloth; however, it more closely resembles a gorilla.
16. Slaking is a combination of slake (to slacken) or a corruption of slack (to become lazy) and king. It may also be a play on slacking.
17. Slaking debuted in Love, Petalburg Style, belonging to May’s father, Norman, the Gym Leader of Petalburg City. In the following episode, Ash’s Grovyle defeated it during a Gym battle, winning Ash the Balance Badge. Slaking appeared again in Strategy With a Smile!, where it was seen watching the Wallace Cup on television with Norman.
18. Multiple Slaking appeared in Slaking Kong, where they played a major role.
19. A Slaking debuted in Valuable Experience for All!, under the ownership of Sawyer. He used it in the Lumiose Conference, during which it defeated a Trainer’s Medicham. It was later used in Analysis Versus Passion! during Sawyer’s Full Battle against Ash, where it defeated Hawlucha before losing to Talonflame.
20. A Slaking appeared in the opening sequence of Destiny Deoxys.
21. A Trainer’s Slaking appeared in The Journalist from Another Region!, where it was entered in the Pokémon Sumo Tournament on Harvest Island. It was Ash’s Pignite’s second opponent, and it lost due to not even trying to make an effort in the battle.
22. Norman’s Slaking briefly appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer as part of a team with its Trainer and Brendan.
23. Norman’s Slaking appeared in I’ll Win With My Own Battle Style!!.
24. Norman’s signature Pokémon is a Slaking, who first appeared in Brushing Past Breloom. Although it would seem that his Ability would be of major hindrance, he shows that by having a Spinda tag alongside him and use Skill Swap in times of need, his impressive strength and speed would be wielded to their maximum. Additionally, the move Bulk Up allows him to bolster his stats even more.
25. Emerald used a Slaking during his Battle Factory challenge in Pinsir Me, I Must Be Dreaming. Thanks to Slack Off, it was able to outlast a Hitmonlee despite its type and speed disadvantages. After the battle, it was swapped with a Linoone.