Morpeko is a dual-type Electric/Dark Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon, Morpeko can change forms with its Hunger Switch Ability. Take a look below for 24 interesting and fun facts about Morpeko.
1. Morpeko is a short, chubby, rodent Pokémon who can change forms via its ability Hunger Switch, which alters its appearance.
2. The features shared between the two forms are short, stubby arms and feet, a pair of pink circular cheek pouches, a very tiny nose, two almond-shaped ears with a single fur tuft under each, and a primary body color separating two areas of fur which cover the arms, ears, cheeks, and eyes, and zigzag inward towards its face, stopping at the waist line.
3. These fur patches form pockets in which it is seen storing seeds.
4. In its Full Belly mode, its body is a creamy yellow in color, its eyes are circular and black with large white pupils, the fur on the left side of its body is black, and on the right side, it is brown.
5. A single bucktooth can be seen protruding from its smiling mouth.
6. While in its Hangry Mode, Morpeko’s primary body color turns purple, its eyes become downward-slanting red semi-circles, and the right-hand patch of fur turns from brown to black so that it matches the other side.
7. Its mouth is also constantly formed into an angry snarl.
8. Morpeko carries around Berry seeds that have been electrically roasted in its pockets.
9. It treats the seeds with care as if they were precious treasures, until it eats them.
10. Regardless, it will still be hungry no matter how much it eats.
11. By experiencing prolonged hunger, the hormones in Morpeko changes, and its fur color changes.
12. As a result of intense hunger, Morpeko becomes extremely aggressive, driven into committing all kinds of evil deeds and enacting extreme violence until its hunger is satisfied.
13. The energy with its cheeks changes from an Electric-type energy to Dark-type energy.
14. Morpeko is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Aura Wheel.
15. No other Pokémon have the same type combination as Morpeko.
16. Morpeko is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 436.
17. Morpeko may be based on the golden hamster with some elements of a guinea pig.
18. Like Morpeko, hamsters are known for biting and exhibiting violent territorial behavior, hoarding food, and having incredibly high metabolisms, hence its Dark-type and Hangry Mode.
19. On top of that, its signature move Aura Wheel may be a reference to hamster wheels.
20. Its color scheme may be inspired on the broken color pattern found in many guinea pig breeds.
21. Morpeko may be a combination of morumotto (guinea pig) and hara peko (hungry, starving).
22. Morpeko debuted in JN028, where it stole Team Rocket’s food and fled. It later encountered Team Rocket again and sent them blasting off with Aura Wheel.
23. A Morpeko appeared in its Full Belly Mode in Buddy, under the ownership of a Lass.
24. A Morpeko appeared in its Full Belly Mode in Early-Evening Waves, under the ownership of Marnie. It was seen alongside its Trainer inside the Battle Café.