Lilligant is a Grass type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Petilil when exposed to a Sun Stone. Take a look below for 24 interesting and fun facts about Liligant.
1. Lilligant dons a scarlet flower with white spotted petals upon its head; said flower has golden filaments with red anther, resembling a crown.
2. It possesses dark green, linear leaves under the flower, and light green, linear leaves underneath the darker leaves.
3. One of the light green leaves, on the back of its head, is about as long as its body and resembles hair.
4. Two light green leaves loosely hang down from its head.
5. Its head and abdomen are white and its eyes, which resemble seeds, are a light shade of scarlet.
6. It has dark green, linear leaves for arms, and a golden sepal under its neck.
7. It wears a large, light green, tulip shaped collection of leaves, resembling a dress.
8. There are two long, dark green, linear leaves coming from its back to around the bottom of its “dress”.
9. It also possesses another golden, sepal-shaped extension underneath its “dress”, resembling feet.
10. The flower is on Lilligant’s head is very difficult to coax into bloom.
11. Once it does bloom, it will wilt if Lilligant is then neglected.
12. The flower emits a sweet smelling aroma, and it is believed to have a relaxing effect on those exposed to the scent.
13. It is a rare Pokémon that lives in forests.
14. Lilligant is a female-only species with no male counterpart.
15. Lilligant shares its categories with Gossifleur. They are both known as the Flowering Pokémon.
16. From its name and the curvature of its petals, Lilligant may be based on a lily, but the relaxing smell of its flower is more akin to orange, pomelo, mandarin orange, or carnation flowers, all of which are used in essential oils for aromatherapy. With this, the leaves of its body may also be based on essential oil ingredients like spearmint and peppermint.
17. Its crown and dress may be derived from Western high-class women’s fashion during 1750–1775. It could also be based on a dancer since its lower body resembles a ball gown, and several of the moves that it learns by leveling up contain the word “Dance”.
18. Lilligant may be a combination of lily and elegant.
19. A Lilligant appeared in Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1 and Part 2, under the ownership of Lewis. In both episodes, she had fallen ill and was in need of medicine.
20. A Lilligant nicknamed Lilligantette appeared in Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige!, under the ownership of Mona. She participated in a battle against Ash and his friends, during which it lost to Iris’s Emolga but defeated Cilan’s Pansage.
21. A Lilligant appeared in Master Class Choices!, under the ownership of Kazalie. She reappeared in Master Class is in Session!, where she was used in the Master Class Pokémon Showcase in Gloire City.
22. A Lilligant debuted in a photo in Lillie’s Egg-xhilarating Challenge!, under the ownership of Lusamine. It reappeared in the same photo in A Glaring Rivalry! and Night of a Thousand Poses!. She later physically appeared in Rescuing the Unwilling! and 10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!. Under the control of a Nihilego who was possessing Lusamine, she attacked Ash and his classmates before Nihilego was defeated.
23. Multiple Lilligant debuted in the opening sequence of White—Victini and Zekrom. They also appeared in both versions of the movie in a flashback as former residents of the now-relocated Sword of the Vale.
24. Lilligant made her main series debut in A Maractus Musical!.