Pineco is a Bug type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves into Forretress starting at level 31. Take a look below for 23 fun and interesting facts about Pineco.
1. Pineco is a blue green, pine-cone like Pokemon with red eyes and no visible limbs.
2. It has a single spike on top of its head, which is supposedly its stem.
3. It makes its shell thicker by gluing tree bark to its body.
4. The glue is made of fluid that Pineco spits out, which hardens when it is exposed to air.
5. Unbothered by the added weight of its shell, it patiently hangs from a tree branch in tropical and temperate forests, waiting to prey on flying insects.
6. In Alola, its favorite prey is Cutiefly.
7. Typically immobile, it will drop to the ground and explode if someone shakes its tree while it is eating.
8. Pineco and its evolved form share their category with Burmy and Wormadam. They are all known as the Bagworm Pokémon.
9. Pineco is based on a bagworm, whose cases—or “bags”—may superficially resemble pine cones. Its metallic appearance and ability to explode also links to a grenade. In addition to its possible relation to weaponry, its ability to learn Spikes may be a reference to caltrops.
10. Pineco is a shortening of pine cone, reflecting its pine cone-like appearance.
11. Pineco debuted in Going Apricorn!, where Brock caught one with a Fast Ball. It later evolved into a Forretress in Entei at Your Own Risk.
12. Multiple Pineco appeared in Bucking the Treasure Trend!, where they attacked Ash, his friends, and Buck as they searched for Dandelion Island’s treasure.
13. Multiple Pineco appeared in Going Apricorn! alongside Brock’s.
14. A Pineco appeared in Tricks of the Trade as one of the Pokémon seen at the Pokémon Swap Meet in Palmpona.
15. Five Pineco appeared in The Bug Stops Here as some of the Pokémon targeted in the Bug-Catching Contest.
16. A Pineco appeared in Brock’s demonstration in A Bite to Remember, where it evolved into a Forretress.
17. A Trainer’s Pineco appeared in Battle Royal 151!, where it competed in the Battle Royal preliminary round of the Manalo Conference but ended up losing.
18. A Pineco appeared in A Fresh Start.
19. Pineco debuted in Murkrow Row, where it was one of the Pokémon in Joey’s bag after Gold helped him get it back.
20. A Pineco appeared in Forretress of Solitude, under the ownership of the Pokémon Association. Red fights two in his aptitude test to be the Gym Leader of Viridian City.
21. A Pineco was mentioned as one of the Pokémon Crystal caught and sent to Professor Oak via the Portable Transfer System in Off Course with Corsola. She remarked that it was a different color.
22. A Pineco appeared in The Last Battle XIII as one of the Pokémon sent to participate in the fight in Ilex Forest.
23. A Pineco appeared in A Promise Given to Miltank.