Andi Janette Dorfman is an American television personality, author, and former Assistant District Attorney from Fulton County, Georgia. She is notable for being a contestant on the 18th season of “The Bachelor,” and the lead on the 10th season of “The Bachelorette.” Take a look below for 23 more fun and interesting facts about Andi Dorfman.
1. She became famous for walking out on bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis in the 9th episode of “The Bachelor.”
2. She became the first former attorney to appear as “The Bachelorette.”
3. She is the author of the New York Times Bestseller, “It’s Not Okay,” and the New York Times Bestseller, “Single State of Mind.”
4. Dorfman was born in Atlanta to Hy Dorfman and Patti Smith, and is the younger of two sister.
5. She was in Phi Mu sorority at Louisiana State University, from which she graduated in 2009.
6. She then earned her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2012.
7. She had been an Assistant District Attorney for Fulton County, Georgia, since passing the bar in 2012 and aimed to, “keep her community safe by putting criminals behind bars.”
8. During Juan Pablo’s season of “The Bachelor,” Dorfman made it to the 8th episode before pulling herself from the competition.
9. Dorfman then starred in “The Bachelorette” season 10, which premiered on May 19, 2014.
10. She took leave from her job as an assistant district attorney to be on the show.
11. She later resigned from her position rather than ask for additional leave.
12. Her choice as the winner was Josh Murray, to whom she became engaged in May; on January 8, 2015, Murray and Dorfman announced their decision to end their engagement.
13. On February 20, 2017, she made a surprise appearance on Nick Viall’s season of “The Bachelor.”
14. Viall had been Murray’s runner up during Dorfman’s “Bachelorette” season and had sharply questioned her choice of Murray during the season finale.
15. She irons her sheets while they’re on her bed.
16. She takes a bath every single night.
17. Dorfman has stated that she never eats breakfasts.
18. She’s able to stick out her belly so that she looks pregnant. She said that she once did it to freak her father out.
19. Dorfman learned how to cook Cajun food in college at Louisiana State.
20. She was home-schooled to play competitive tennis in high school. She eventually realized that she would never become a professional and stopped playing.
21. Dorfman’s favorite song is “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
22. Her biggest pet peeve is when people are late.
23. She’s obsessed with the show “Scandal.” She sometimes finds herself pretending to be Olivia Pope.