Allison Howell Williams is an American actress and singer who played Marnie Michaels on the HBO comedy-drama series “Girls” and was critically acclaimed for her performance in the 2017 horror film “Get Out”. Take a look below for 23 more fun and interesting facts about Allison Williams.
1. Williams was born and raised in New Canaan, Connecticut, the daughter of former NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams and TV producer Jane Gillan Stoddard.
2. She has a brother, Doug, who is three years younger than her.
3. She attended New Canaan Country School and Greenwich Academy, then graduated from Yale University.
4. While at Yale, Williams was a member of the improv comedy troupe “Just Add Water” for four years, was involved in the YouTube series “College Musical,” and was inducted by St. Elmo.
5. In 2010, Williams performed a mashup of “Nature Boy” set to RJD2’s “A Beautiful Mine,” the theme song for the television series “Mad Men.”
6. The YouTube video of the performance received widespread praise on the Internet, and convinced Judd Apatow that she should be given a part in the HBO series “Girls.”
7. She was cast shortly after and credited her experience at Just Add Water for passing the audition.
8. Williams wrote a series of Funny or Die sketches, in which she starred as newlywed Kate Middleton, with English actor and model Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.
9. Williams appeared as Danielle in an episode of the third season of “The League” titled “The Guest Bong.”
10. Williams has appeared as a recurring character, Cheryl, in the College Humor series “Jake and Amir.”
11. On December 4, 2014, she starred in the title role on NBC’s live television presentation of the musical “Peter Pan Live!,” opposite Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.
12. In November 2016, Williams appeared in “Past Forward,” a short film collaboration between David O. Russell and Prada.
13. In 2017, Williams starred in the hit horror film “Get Out,” directed by Jordan Peele, who became convinced she was right for the role of Rose after seeing her performance in “Peter Pan Live!”
14. In the same year, Williams was cast in the role of Charlotte on the Netflix horror film, “The Perfection.”
15. In 2018, Williams was cast in a recurring role as Kit Snicket throughout the second and third seasons of the Netflix comedy drama series “A Series of Unfortunate Events.”
16. Williams began dating Ricky Van Veen, co-founder of College Humor, in 2011.
17. They became engaged in 2014 and married on September 19, 2015, in a private ceremony in Saratoga, Wyoming.
18. Tom Hanks officiated the ceremony.
19. She and her husband live in Chelsea, New York.
20. Williams is an ambassador for Horizons National.
21. She led the 2016 “10 Days of Giving” campaign to raise awareness and funds for the organization’s educational goals and is expected to revisit this role in 2017.
22. She has done work with Product Red to fund HIV/AIDS programs in Africa, and is currently involved with the Transformational Prison Project as an advocate for criminal justice reform.
23. Williams recently talked about her political views, advocacy, millennial activism, and women in Hollywood on the Politico podcast, “Women Rule.”