Flaaffy is an Electric type Pokemon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Mareep starting at level 15 and evolves into Ampharos starting at level 30. Take a look below for 23 awesome and interesting facts about Flaaffy.
1. Flaaffy is a pink, bipedal, sheep like Pokemon.
2. It has thick, conical ears with black stripes on the sides of its head and small, blue eyes.
3. A white mane of wool covers its head and upper body.
4. This mane forms sideways curls on the top of its head.
5. It has stubby arms and one nail on each foot.
6. Flaaffy’s long tail has black stripes and is tipped with a blue orb.
7. Storing too much electricity caused Flaaffy to lose the wool over most of its body, but the bare, rubbery skin protects it from the electricity stored in its fleece.
8. The quality of Flaaffy’s fleece can change to generate more electricity with less wool.
9. The orb will light up when Flaaffy’s mane is fully charged, and it can attack by firing electrified hairs at opponents.
10. Flaaffy typically inhabits grassy meadows and fields, though it can also be found in farms, where its wool is used in high-quality clothing.
11. In all three times that Flaaffy is mentioned as an answer choice in a Pokémon Trainer’s Choice segment, its name is misspelled as Flaafy.
12. Flaaffy is based on a sheep with patchy wool.
13. Its type and Ability come from how wool builds up static charges.
14. Its evolutionary family may also have been based on the title of the sci-fi novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.
15. Flaaffy may be a combination of fluffy and baa (the sound sheep make). Aa may also be a reference to an AA battery, given Flaaffy’s Electric type.
16. Flaaffy debuted in Spell of the Unown: Entei as one of the illusory Pokémon Molly Hale created in her dream world, thanks to the Unown. It was Molly’s first Pokémon in her battle against Brock, where it quickly defeated Zubat with Thunder Shock despite being confused by Zubat’s Supersonic.
17. A Flaaffy nicknamed Hannah appeared in Whiscash and Ash, under the ownership of Sullivan. It was sent out to weaken Nero, a giant Whiscash, but its multiple attacks, including Thunder Shock, failed due to Nero being part Ground-type.
18. A Flaaffy appeared in A Chip Off the Old Brock, under the ownership of Mariah. It was the love interest of Brock’s Marshtomp.
19. Multiple Flaaffy physically debuted in The Legend of Thunder!, where they were among the Electric-type Pokémon lured by the “Miracle Crystal” that Attila and Hun were using.
20. Flaaffy made its main series debut in All Things Bright and Beautifly!, under the ownership of a Coordinator.
21. A Flaaffy appeared in Pokéblock, Stock, and Berry.
22. A Coordinator’s Flaaffy appeared in Dressed for Jess Success!, where it was seen competing in the Lilypad Town Pokémon Contest.
23. A Trainer’s Flaaffy appeared in Beating the Bustle and Hustle!, where it was seen participating in the fake Sinnoh Pokémon Hustle that Team Rocket had set up.