Floatzel is a Water type Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. It evolves from Buizel starting at level 26. Take a look below for 23 awesome and fascinating facts about Floatzel.
1. Floatzel is an orange Pokemon resembling an anthropomorphic otter or weasel with longer arms than legs.
2. It has four fingers on each hand and three toes on each foot.
3. Its feet are small in comparison to the rest of the body.
4. It has two pointed blue fins on its arms, two aligned, backward-swept, pointed fins on its head, and two tails.
5. The yellow flotation device, which seems to be made of rubber or a similar substance, gives the impression of an inflatable life vest.
6. The flotation sac goes in a kind of ring behind its head, down in front of its arms, then back behind its back above the tails.
7. When it lays on its back, the flotation sac could also be interpreted as a sort of inflatable dinghy using its tails as a propeller and its fins as oars.
8. Its tails can infinitely spin around like propeller blades.
9. Its forelimbs and tails are tipped in cream, and there is an orange teardrop shape near the bottom of its cream belly.
10. Floatzel also has a circular cream spot in the center of its head, cream eyelids and a pattern of two black triangles on the edges of its cream muzzle.
11. It has one cream, slightly protruding, oval-shaped spot on its back if it is female and two if it is male.
12. It has small, sharp canine teeth, the top two of which can be seen when its mouth is closed.
13. It can use its swimming capabilities to assist in the rescues of drowning people.
14. To help it dive, Floatzel can deflate its flotation sac, and then inflate it once again when it wishes to surface.
15. It is a fresh water Pokémon and tends to inhabit swift-moving rivers.
16. Some believe Floatzel is a fish-eater.
17. Floatzel may be based on an otter or weasel combined with a life raft. It may also be loosely based on the kamaitachi, a Japanese yōkai.
18. Floatzel debuted in Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 1), where Kellyn used his Capture Styler on it so he could use it to escape from a group of Sharpedo that belonged to J’s henchmen.
19. A male Floatzel appeared in A Crasher Course in Power!, under the ownership of Crasher Wake. He was used during his Gym battle against Ash. Floatzel battled Pikachu and defeated him before being defeated himself by Buizel’s Water Pulse. He seems to know many different defensive techniques to guard himself from attacks, such as inflating the flotation sac around his body and blocking with his fin. He reappeared briefly in flashbacks in For The Love Of Meowth and League Unleashed!; and during the ending credits of Zoroark: Master of Illusions, where he was seen alongside his Trainer.
20. A male Floatzel debuted in Last Call — First Round!, under the ownership of Kenny. He was used in the Performance Stage of the Sinnoh Grand Festival along with Empoleon. Their Double Performance was going well until Empoleon’s Flash Cannon sent Floatzel flying backwards. He reappeared in Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!, where they got advice from Jasmine but became the target of an attack by Team Rocket.
21. A Floatzel appeared in One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!, under the ownership of the Pokémon Summer Academy. Conway used it for the second leg of the Pokémon Triathlon.
22. A Floatzel briefly appeared in An Old Family Blend!, under the ownership of a Trainer competing in the Lily of the Valley Conference.
23. Two Floatzel appeared in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction.