Tyrunt is a dual-type Rock/Dragon Fossil Pokémon introduced in Generation VI. It is resurrected from a Jaw Fossil and evolves into Tyrantrum when leveled up during the day starting at level 39. Take a look below for 22 interesting and fascinating facts about Tyrunt.
1. Tyrunt is a bipedal, dinosaurian Pokemon that resembles a large theropod.
2. Its body is grayish brown with a small hump on its back, and its belly and lower jaw are a lighter gray.
3. The head is large in proportion to its body and has a blunt snout with a ridge above the nostrils.
4. Two teeth are visible in the lower jaw, while the upper jaw has two tooth-like spikes.
5. On top of its head are two orange spikes and it has a black around the lower edge of each eye.
6. Around its neck is a spiky ruff of white, primitive feathers.
7. It has tiny forelimbs with two white claws each.
8. The hind legs are more developed and have rectangular, armor plating over the knees, three white claws on each foot, and a smaller, fourth digit lacking a claw off to the side.
9. Its tail is short with an orange spike near the tip.
10. Tyrunt has a selfish, spoiled nature.
11. If it encounters something it dislikes, it will throw a tantrum and run wild.
12. Its strong jaws have enough force to shred an automobile, and it tends to unknowingly inflict injuries while playing.
13. This Pokémon lived 100 million years ago; theories suggest it might have had a different form then.
14. No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Tyrunt and its evolution.
15. Tyrunt and its evolution were designed by Hitoshi Ariga.
16. Tyrunt seems to be mostly based on juvenile Tyrannosaurus, though it also shares characteristics with Gorgosaurus (like the orange crests above each of Tyrunt’s eyes).
17. Tyrunt is a combination of Tyrannosaurus, tyrant, and runt.
18. Tyrunt debuted in Climbing the Walls!, under the ownership of Grant. It defeated both Froakie and Fletchling during a Gym battle against Ash before being defeated by Pikachu’s Thunderbolt. Tyrunt reappeared in Rocking Kalos Defenses! and Forming a More Perfect Union!, where it participated in the fight against the Giant Rock.
19. A Tyrunt appeared in Pikachu, What’s This Key?. It was a resident of a world full of ice and snow, which was accessed by Pikachu and his friends, courtesy of Klefki’s keys.
20. Multiple Tyrunt appeared in The Tiny Caretaker!, under the ownership of several Scientists. One of them was stolen by Team Rocket, but it escaped and was found by Bonnie. It eventually evolved into a Tyrantrum to save her.
21. A Tyrunt appeared in Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction.
22. A Tyrunt belonging to a Team Flare Grunt first appeared in Fast-Thinking Froakie, being used to steal a Manectite that Clemont had just found for X.