Mudbray is a Ground-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It evolves into Mudsdale starting at level 30. Take a look below for 22 fascinating and fun facts about Mudbray.
1. Mudbray is a quadruped, equine Pokemon resembling a small donkey.
2. It has a dark brown coat with a cream-colored underbelly, muzzle, and circular markings on each cheek.
3. A short, teardrop-shaped blaze extends up from its muzzle, and it has long, pointed ears with pink insides.
4. Its large eyes have horizontal pupils.
5. Black bangs hang over its face before turning into a stiff mane along its neck.
6. Additionally, it has a short, black tail.
7. Thick, cream-colored mud surrounds each black hoof.
8. Mudbray can be kept happy by giving it time to frolic in and consume mud.
9. Mudbray’s diet consists of eating dirt in order to create mud.
10. Denying it this will cause it to become stressed and disobey its Trainer.
11. This Pokémon boasts immense strength for its size and is able to drag or carry loads up to 50 times its own weight.
12. Mudbray are known to be skilled at using mud.
13. The mud that collects around its hooves enhance its grip and power.
14. Notably, it allows Mudbray to travel rough terrains without slipping.
15. Because it was hunted nearly to extinction when it lived all over the world, it was believed for a time to run wild only in Alola.
16. Despite this however, Mudbray have been seen roaming in Galar, suggesting that the population is slowly recovering from near extinction.
17. While Mudbray has a 5% chance of holding the Light Clay, it cannot learn Light Screen or Reflect.
18. Mudbray is based on a donkey.
19. Mudbray may be a combination of mud and bray (cry of a donkey).
20. Multiple Mudbray debuted in Young Kiawe Had a Farm!, where they were among the Pokémon living on Paniola Ranch. They later received a cleaning from Kiawe and Ash. One of them reappeared in a picture in The Island Whisperer!. Some of them appeared again in The Young Flame Strikes Back!. Five of them reappeared yet again in Filling the Light with Darkness!, during a flashback. They reappeared once again in Heart of Fire! Heart of Stone!, when Ash and his classmates visited the ranch alongside Brock and Misty, and proceeded to spit mud in their faces.
21. A Mudbray appeared in A Guardian Rematch!, under the ownership of Hiroki. It battled Ash and Rockruff, but it was soon defeated by Breakneck Blitz. Mudbray reappeared in a flashback in Beauty is Only Crystal Deep!. It physically reappeared in Battle Royal 151!, where it participated in the preliminary round of the Manalo Conference, only to be the first Pokémon to be defeated.
22. A Mudbray appeared in The Dex Can’t Help It!, where it fell asleep to Jigglypuff while listening to its voice, and subsequently had its face scribbled on.