Alex McCord is a reality star who became known for her appearance on Bravo’s Real Housewives of New York. She started a home furnishing company, Aluxe Homes, with husband Simon Van Kempen. Take a look below for 22 more awesome and interesting facts about Alex McCord.
1. The daughter of David Robert McCord and Alexis Williams, McCord was born in Washington, DC on October 1, 1973.
2. She moved to Kansas, Texas and the U.S. Virgin Islands together with her parents.
3. She is of North American ethnicity and has an American nationality.
4. McCord attended Northwestern University but she never graduated.
5. Before coming to fame, she worked as a graphic designer for nine years.
6. She was in visual merchandising for Limited Brands and Victoria’s Secret.
7. She is presumably most acclaimed for being a Real Housewife, however, she has had small parts in movies and television shows.
8. McCord has featured in movies such as “The Architect,” “The Warrior Class,” “Uptown Girls” and much more.
9. In the film “The Warrior Class,” she portrayed the character of a columnist.
10. She appeared on the television show like “Cyberchase” and the soap opera “One Life to Live.”
11. She was a voice performing artist in “Tetsuwan Birdy,” and the video “Specialist Aika.”
12. She joined the Bravo channel as a cast individual from the “Real Housewives of New York City,” since the first season it aired.
13. McCord is an author who published a book titled “Little Kids Big City” together with her husband.
14. She was criticized when Andy Cohen called her a psychologist.
15. The biggest change in her life in recent years has to be her and her family’s decision to move from Brooklyn to Australia at the end of 2014.
16. She told The Daily Dish, “Life is really good,” while visiting New York with her family in April.
17. McCord also told The Daily Dish, “Moving to Australia is obviously very, very different from New York City, but it was a great move and a healthy move.”
18. McCord said that they decided to move back to Simon’s home country in order to be closer to his mother and his siblings.
19. McCord and her family traded in a Brooklyn brownstone for a five bedroom home on an acre of land right outside of Byron Bay that’s right on a waterway that leads into the Pacific Ocean.
20. She described her new come as, “Our youngest son Johan, who’s 11 now, loves to snorkel because at low tide there’s about two feet of water, and you can just lay on top of the water and see stingrays and flatheads and all these cool things that you would not see if you jumped in the water here.”
21. She said that “Real Housewives” fans recognize her in Australia every so often.
22. She said that she misses some of the grittier aspects of New York, including, “noise, crowds, the number of people. I remember having a moment in Australia, I miss garbage pile-up on the streets, I miss zig-zagging down the sidewalk at Mach 2.”