Duraludon is a dual-type Steel/Dragon Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon, Duraludon has a Gigantamax form. Take a look below for 22 awesome and fun facts about Duraludon.
1. Duraludon has a bipedal stance with large feet, a chunky tail, and a head integrated to its neck.
2. It has zigzag patterns running down its body, gray bands around its arms, and has two black slits on its lower chest.
3. Its hands have four triangular indents.
4. Duraludon also has a red segment on its head and two slits on its head.
5. Its body is mainly light gray and dark blue.
6. Duraludon has yellow eyes with green pupils, and it appears to be permanently scowling.
7. Gigantamax Duraludon is even bigger and gains metal strips on its feet resembling toes.
8. It has a massive glass plate on its abdomen, and its chest has glass panels that resemble windows.
9. It also gains a horn-like protrusion on its head and its uniquely shaped hands are different.
10. It has three red clouds surrounding the neck.
11. Duraludon is a dinosaur-like Pokémon made of strong, but surprisingly light metal.
12. Weighing only 88 lbs, it can move very fast. However, its body rusts easily to corrosion, so it lives in caves and mountain areas to avoid the rain.
13. Due to the arms having two different shapes, it digs onto the surface for food.
14. Duraludon has a rivalry with Tyranitar, which it shares its habitat with, often battling each other in the mountain areas in Galar.
15. In its Gigantamax state, parts of its body glow due to a profusion of energy.
16. The cells in its body are exceptionally durable, even among Steel-type Pokémon. and it is resistant to earthquakes thanks to its body structure.
17. Gigantamax Duraludon is the only known Pokémon capable of using the exclusive G-Max Move G-Max Depletion.
18. Duraludon is the only Pokémon that is in the Mineral and Dragon Egg Groups.
19. Duraludon is also the only Pokémon that can have either Light Metal or Heavy Metal as its Ability.
20. Duraludon may be based on The Shard, the tallest building in the United Kingdom. Based on its name, the metal that covers its body is presumably duralumin, an aluminum-copper alloy that is strong and light, but not very resistant to corrosion. Its rivalry with Tyranitar may be a reference to the kaiju genre of films. Its overall body shape resembles a theropod dinosaur.
21. Duraludon may be a combination of duralumin and -don (common suffix in dinosaur names derived from the Ancient Greek word for tooth).
22. Duraludon debuted in JN027, under the ownership of Raihan. It is capable of Gigantamaxing. It was used in Raihan’s battle against Leon, where it went up against his Charizard, only to be defeated.