Camila Alves McConaughey is a Brazilian-American model and designer. She is married to American actor Matthew McConaughey. Take a look below for 20 more fun and interesting facts about Camila Alves.
1. Alves was born in Brazil and raised there until the age of 15.
2. Her mother is an artist and designer, and her father, a farmer.
3. At fifteen, Alves traveled to Los Angeles to visit her aunt and decided to stay.
4. After working for four years as a house-cleaner and waitress, she became fluent in English and decided to make the United States her home.
5. At the age of 19, Alves moved to New York City to pursue a career as a fashion model.
6. Alves and her mother design the Muxo line of handbags, developing their design after experimenting for three years with styles and designs.
7. In 2010, Alves hosted the third season of the Bravo network reality television series “Shear Genius.”
8. In April 2012, Alves was signed on as the new face for Macy’s clothing line “I.N.C. International Concepts”.
9. In January 2016, Alves launched a lifestyle website, “Women of Today,” that serves as a hub for her social media, live stream video program, “Camila’s Code,” and blog posts on food, health, crafts and décor, style, family and work life.
10. Alves is also the co-owner of the organic food company, Yummy Spoonfuls, which launched its product line for babies and toddlers in Target’s frozen food section in 2016.
11. She co-hosted, with Eddie Jackson, the first season of the Food Network competition show “Kids BBQ Championship,” which aired in summer 2016.
12. Alves met American actor Matthew McConaughey in 2006.
13. The couple became engaged on Christmas Day in 2011 and were married on June 9, 2012 in Austin, Texas, where they reside.
14. They have three children: a first son born in July 2008, a daughter born in January 2010, and a second son born in December 2012.
15. On August 4, 2015, she became a U.S. citizen, in the same naturalization ceremony as British actress Emily Blunt.
16. Before dating McConaughey, Camila worked as a waitress and a housecleaner.
17. Camila’s mom really wasn’t happy when the couple had their second child out of wedlock.
18. The couple splits their time between there and Los Angles.
19. Alves did numerous advertising campaigns for Billabong, Chopard, Christian Dior cosmetics, Datelli, Harley-Davidson, Levi’s, Mango, Neiman Marcus, Pinko, Shell, and Target.
20. Camila made her television appearance in the Ready to Wear – Spring/Summer 2008 fashion show.