Yamper is an Electric-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves into Boltund starting at level 25. Take a look below for 19 interesting and awesome facts about Yamper.
1. Yamper is a quadruped, canine Pokemon.
2. It has a brown body with yellow fluff around its neck and yellow highlights around its eyes.
3. It has a yellow bolt-shaped tail and a heart-shaped pattern on its rear.
4. Its four feet are white.
5. Yamper tends to be drawn to fast-moving things and will chase after people, other Pokémon, or even vehicles.
6. Yamper has an organ that generates electricity from the base of its tail when it runs.
7. It cannot store the electricity it generates, so sparks of electricity can often be seen when it is running.
8. It is a popular choice in the Galar region for herding Pokémon such as Wooloo.
9. Due to its gluttonous nature, it will only assist people in exchange for treats.
10. Joltik are often seen on its hindquarters, feeding on its static electricity.
11. Yamper was first showcased during an E3 2019 demo before its official reveal.
12. Yamper shares its category with Growlithe, Lillipup, and Rockruff. They are all known as the Puppy Pokémon.
13. Yamper may be based on a Welsh corgi, a breed of dog that is famous for being the pet of Elizabeth II, the current Queen of the United Kingdom – the country that Galar is based on.
14. Yamper may be a combination of yap, ampere, or scamper.
15. Yamper debuted in Legend? Go! Friends? Go!, under the ownership of Chloe. It is her main Pokémon and has since made further appearances in Pokémon Journeys: The Series.
16. A Yamper appeared in Buddy, where it chased after Hop’s Wooloo when it mistook its attempt at emulating Charizard as an act of aggression.
17. A Yamper appeared in Early-Evening Waves, under the ownership of Sonia. It was seen at her home with its Trainer and Professor Magnolia. It reappeared in Moonlight.
18. A Yamper first appeared in the Sword & Shield chapter, under the ownership of Sonia.
19. A Yamper appeared in JNM01, under the ownership of Chloe.