Chandelure is a dual-type Ghost/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Lampent when exposed to a Dusk Stone. It is the final form of Litwick. Take a look below for 17 fun and interesting facts about Chandelure.
1. Chandelure is a Pokemon that resembles a sentient chandelier.
2. It has a striped, round head, and round, pupil-less yellow eyes.
3. There is a ring of small, black spikes on top of its head with a tall, purple flame in the middle.
4. From a black spike below its head, black arms curl upward.
5. These arms are tipped with purple fire.
6. Chandelure’s fires do not burn its victims physically, instead burning their spirit.
7. After hypnotizing its opponent by waving these flames, it absorbs the victim’s spirit.
8. In the Pokémon of the Year poll held by the Pokémon Company in 2020, Chandelure was voted the most popular Generation V Pokémon, receiving 50,943 votes. It was also the eighteenth-most popular Pokémon overall.
9. Chandelure may be based on a chandelier and the hitodama or will-o’-the-wisps.
10. Chandelure may be a combination of chandelier and lure.
11. Chandelure debuted in Battle for the Underground!, under the ownership of Ingo. It helped Ash, Iris, and Cilan rescue their Pokémon from Team Rocket. It reappeared in Lost at the Stamp Rally!, where it participated in a Tag Battle with Emmet’s Eelektross. Both Pokémon went up against Ash and Cilan and defeated Tepig and Pansage. Chandelure reappeared again in a fantasy in A Surface to Air Tag Battle Team!, and in a flashback in Survival of the Striaton Gym!.
12. A Chandelure appeared in Climbing the Tower of Success!, where it attacked Iris during the Wishing Bell Festival contest. It managed to confuse her with Confuse Ray, making her lose the contest.
13. A Chandelure appeared in A Unova League Evolution!, under the ownership of Ramone. It was revealed to have won its Trainer a Full Battle against Antonio, and was seen doing a victory pose with him.
14. A Chandelure appeared in A Haunted House for Everyone! as an illusion created by a Mismagius.
15. In Homecoming, Shauntal uses a Chandelure to face one of the Forces of Nature that were under Colress’ command.
16. Chandelure appears in the 3DS version as an enemy in Smash Run mode. It will use Will-O-Wisp and Fire Spin to attack. As an homage to its Flash Fire ability, it absorbs fire- and darkness-based attacks and items to power itself up.
17. Chandelure is a Power-type playable character in Pokkén. Much like in the mainline games, it attacks with a variety of projectiles and long-ranged attacks, as well as a variety of debuffing effects. Moves it can use include Will-O-Wisp, Smog, Flame Burst, Incinerate, Minimize, Overheat, and Hex. Upon entering Burst form, it can use the Burst Attack Final Flicker.