Cufant is a Steel-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It evolves into Copperajah starting at level 34. Take a look below for 16 interesting and fascinating facts about Cufant.
1. Cufant is a roughly spherical elephantine Pokémon.
2. The tip of its trunk is shaped like a spoon or shovel, and Cufant uses it to dig in the ground.
3. It has four stout legs, and each leg has a single anterior nail.
4. Cufant has a bulbous dome atop its head and a short bobtail.
5. Most of its body is a tangerine color, but its ventral side is lighter.
6. It’s also covered in patches of green where rain has tarnished the copper in its skin.
7. It has two such patches at the base of its trunk, and a dappled tarnish pattern on its domed skull and dorsal side.
8. The tip of its trunk and the rims of its nails are also tarnished green, and it has a green patch behind each of its eyes.
9. Cufant is said to be tremendously strong, carrying loads of over five tons with minimal effort.
10. Cufant and Copperajah were introduced to the Galar Region to assist with heavy labor.
11. Cufant and its evolution are the only Pokémon that are in the Field and Mineral Egg Groups.
12. Cufant resembles an Asian elephant calf with a spade for a trunk.
13. It may also be based on elephant statues common in Indian art and Thai art.
14. The way its copper body tarnishes in the rain may be inspired on how metallic copper oxides into cupric oxide when exposed to the environment.
15. Its category, Copperderm, may be a reference to Pachyderm.
16. Cufant may be a combination of Cu (periodic symbol for copper), cuprum (the Latin name for copper from which the symbol is derived), cute, elephant, and infant.