Dracozolt is a dual-type Electric/Dragon Fossil Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It is resurrected from combining a Fossilized Bird and Fossilized Drake, and it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 16 interesting and amazing facts about Dracozolt.
1. Dracozolt is a hybrid fossil Pokémon.
2. It has a small yellow upper body with two long wings shaped like lightning bolts on its arms.
3. It has a long neck that connects to a raptor-like head with closed eyes and a red spot on each cheek.
4. The upper half is connected to the middle of the lower body, with an orange and yellow circle surrounding the neck.
5. The lower body is colored pink and green.
6. The legs are green with pink toes and stripes and the tail is green with pink stripes and spikes.
7. It generates electricity thanks to its powerful tail muscles.
8. It allegedly overate its plant-based food sources, causing it to eventually go extinct, though this is likely not the case due to Dracozolt being combined from two separate Pokémon that each had their niches before going extinct.
9. Dracozolt shares its category with Aerodactyl, Arctozolt, Dracovish, and Arctovish. They are all known as the Fossil Pokémon.
10. Dracozolt, Arctozolt, Dracovish, and Arctovish are the first Fossil Pokémon to not be Rock-type or have a gender.
11. Dracozolt, like its counterparts, may be based on the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs, a series of misassembled dinosaur sculptures displayed at the Crystal Palace Park.
12. In the case of Dracozolt, its top half appears to be based on a dromaeosaurid, while its bottom half appears to be based mainly on a stegosaurid.
13. It may have also been inspired by the chimera and similar mythological creatures, which was stated to have the features of different animal species, and is often interpreted as being scientifically constructed from different animal parts.
14. The Pokédex entries for all the Galar Fossils mention them being the cause of their own extinction, which may be a reference to the outdated hypothesis that the dinosaurs were evolutionary inert, which made them get bigger, sluggish and stupider to the point they couldn’t sustain themselves.
15. Dracozolt being unable to breed could be a reference to cross-bred animals, which are born infertile (unable to produce offspring).
16. Dracozolt may be a combination of dracō (Latin for dragon) and jolt.