Wood Village is a city in Multnomah County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 15 great and interesting facts about Wood Village, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 3,878 at the 2010 census.
2. Despite the name, Wood Village is classified as a city.
3. Wood Village was built as a company town for the Reynolds Aluminum plant in Troutdale; the plant closed in 2000.
4. The city was also formerly home to a 90,000-square-foot (8,400 m2) Merix Corporation plant.
5. It was incorporated by a vote of 156–35, with narrow approval from Fairview voters, on June 18, 1949.
6. Proposals to consolidate Wood Village with neighboring Fairview and Troutdale were seriously considered in the late 1960s and early 1980s.
7. A new city hall is under construction, with opening projected for late summer 2021.
8. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.94 square miles (2.43 km2), all of it land.
9. At the 2010 census there were 3,878 people in 1,223 households, including 880 families, in the city.
10. The population density was 4,125.5 inhabitants per square mile (1,592.9/km2).
11. There were 1,289 housing units at an average density of 1,371.3 per square mile (529.5/km2).
12. The racial makup of the city was 62.6% White, 2.0% African American, 2.3% Native American, 3.8% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 25.0% from other races, and 4.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 37.0%.
13. Of the 1,223 households 46.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.4% were married couples living together, 16.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 7.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 28.0% were non-families. 20.8% of households were one person and 5.3% were one person aged 65 or older.
14. The average household size was 3.11 and the average family size was 3.59.
15. The median age was 30.7 years. 32.2% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.7% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 29.8% were from 25 to 44; 21.6% were from 45 to 64; and 7.5% were 65 or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.9% male and 49.1% female.