Pincurchin is an Electric-type Pokémon introduced in Generation VIII. It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Take a look below for 14 amazing and interesting facts about Pincurchin.
1. Pincurchin is a marine, sea urchin like Pokemon with a black body.
2. Its face has two yellow eyes with black, triangle-shaped pupils on each of them; and two yellow, circular mouthparts.
3. A line of sharp spines runs down its back, along with two other lines of two spines each on the side of its body.
4. Each spine has a grayish tip which glows yellow when electric current runs through it.
5. Pincurchin stores electricity in each spine, which flows from the tip of each one.
6. If one gets broken off, it will still continue to emit electricity for approximately three hours.
7. It feeds on seaweed, using its teeth to scrape it off rocks.
8. Pincurchin has the lowest base Speed stat of all Electric-type Pokémon.
9. Pincurchin appears to be based on a sea urchin, specially the burrowing urchin.
10. Its behavior may reference the ability that some urchins have to regenerate spines that are broken in order to inject venom as a defense mechanism, but in Pincurchin’s case, it is electricity instead.
11. Its yellow mouthparts may be a reference to sea urchin roe (called “uni” in Japanese, like the sea urchins themselves), which is often yellow and is considered a delicacy.
12. It may also draw some inspiration from pincushions.
13. Pincurchin may be a combination of pin and sea urchin. It may be a play on pincushion.
14. Four Pincurchin appeared in Early-Evening Waves as residents of a lake where Nessa was doing a photo shoot.