Lyons is a city in Linn County, Oregon, United States. Take a look below for 10 amazing and interesting facts about Lyons, Oregon, United States.
1. The population was 1,161 at the 2010 census.
2. The center of population of Oregon is located in Lyons.
3. Some homes in the town were destroyed in the 2020 Santiam Fire.
4. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.88 square miles (2.28 km2), of which 0.87 square miles (2.25 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
5. This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F (22.0 °C).
6. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Lyons has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated “Csb” on climate maps.
7. As of the census of 2010, there were 1,161 people, 444 households, and 332 families living in the city. The population density was 1,334.5 inhabitants per square mile (515.3/km2).
8. There were 475 housing units at an average density of 546.0 per square mile (210.8/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 91.4% White, 0.4% African American, 1.5% Native American, 1.1% Asian, 0.4% Pacific Islander, 2.0% from other races, and 3.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.5% of the population.
9. There were 444 households, of which 29.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.0% were married couples living together, 5.6% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.2% had a male householder with no wife present, and 25.2% were non-families. 16.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 2.92.
10. The median age in the city was 44.7 years. 21.8% of residents were under the age of 18; 6.5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 21.9% were from 25 to 44; 34% were from 45 to 64; and 15.7% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 51.0% male and 49.0% female.