Amanda Michelle Seyfried, born December 3, 1985, is an American actress, model and singer-songwriter. She began her career as a model at the age of 11, then began acting when she was 15 with recurring parts on the soap operas As the World Turns and All My Children. Take a look below for 30 more interesting and fun facts about Amanda Seyfried.
1. In 2004, Seyfried made her movie debut in the teen comedy Mean Girls.
2. After Mean Girls, her subsequent supporting roles were in independent movies, such as the drama Nine Lives, and the crime drama Alpha Dog.
3. She had a recurring role on the UPN television series Veronica Mars.
4. Between 2006 and 2011, Seyfried starred on the HBO drama series Big Love and appeared in the musical feature movie Mamma Mia!
5. She had leading roles in the black comedy horror movie Jennifer’s Body, as a call girl in the erotic thriller Chloe, the romantic drama-war movie Dear John, and the romantic drama Letters to Juliet.
6. She was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
7. Her mother, Ann, is an occupational therapist, and her father, Jack Seyfried, is a pharmacist.
8. Seyfried is mostly of German descent, with smaller amounts of English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh ancestry.
9. She graduated from Allentown’s William Allen High School in 2003.
10. She has an older sister, Jennifer Seyfried, a musician in the Philadelphia organ-driven rock band Love City.
11. Seyfried enrolled at Fordham University in the fall of 2003, but didn’t attend after being offered her role in Mean Girls.
12. She appeared on the cover of three Francine Pascal books.
13. Seyfried was considered for the roles of Regina and Cady in Mean Girls. These roles eventually went to Rachel McAdams and Lindsay Lohan.
14. In May 2008, she dressed up as Alice of Alice in Wonderland, for a seven page spread for Vogue Italia. That same month, she was also featured in the promotional poster for her movie musical Mamma Mia!
15. She originally auditioned for the title role on Veronica Mars, but lost the role to Kristen Bell. Instead of playing Veronica Mars, she was offered the role of Lilly Kane, Veronica’s dead best friend. She was so popular in the role that she was brought back more often than ever expected.
16. As a child model, she initially signed with Image International Agency in Allentown, Pennsylvania, before working under Bethlehem’s Pro Model Agency and eventually with Wilhelmina agency in New York.
17. She missed 70 school days during her senior year in high school due to her acting commitments.
18. If she weren’t into acting, she would have liked to study meteorology. She admits being fascinated by weather.
19. Seyfried trained in classical opera for two years and studied under a Broadway voice coach for almost five years.
20. While living in Allentown, Pennsylvania, she got to see musicals in Manhattan such as “Cats” and “Les Miserables,” which is her all-time favorite musical.
21. She auditioned for the lead role of Kelli Presley for the horror remake Black Christmas, but lost out to Katie Cassidy.
22. She was in a relationship with Dominic Cooper, having met on the set of Mamma Mia!, from October 2007 to May 2010.
23. Seyfried lost the role of Babydoll in Sucker Punch because she was committed to her HBO series Big Love.
24. She was considered for the role of Daisy Buchanan in The Great Gatsby, but Carey Mulligan was cast instead.
25. Her role in the drama movie Nine Lives, was written specifically for her.
26. One of the songs on the Dear John soundtrack was written by her.
27. Seyfried admitted to David Letterman that she gets nervous doing television interviews and often fortifies herself with a drink beforehand, usually whiskey.
28. She has struggled with anxiety disorder and panic attacks.
29. She had a body double for her shower scene in the mystery thriller Gone.
30. She is the second of the four main Mean Girls cast members to get married and have a baby; the first being Lacey Chabert.