Which game from Epic Games became a worldwide marvel for its Battle Royale mode? The answer is simple, especially for all the gamers out there, Fortnite. You can download the game on your PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and there’s a mobile version on Android and iPhone. Take a look below for 30 fun and interesting facts about Fortnite.
1. The name Fortnite is a pun. In the hardest mode players are challenged to survive for two weeks, hence a fortnight. The game is also consisted of building bases or forts so the name approaches its full circle.
2. Fortnite was first publicized way back in 2011 but because of delays, it wasn’t released until July 2017.
3. Though officially declared as a free-to-play title, the game was released in July 2017 under a paid early-access deal. Gamers that bought the game were given special features that would continue once the game became free.
4. Despite being free, it brought Epic Games an estimated $300 million per month!
5. In the first month, the company sold over 500,000 digital copies. Just one month later that number surpassed one million.
6. Fortnite made a projected one million dollars from mobile users within the first three days. While the general sum that Epic Games has made is unknown, it was stated that they made $126 million in February 2018 alone.
7. The popular video games Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, and Infinity Blade are also created by Epic Games.
8. When you hear Fortnite, you’re probably thinking about the free mode Epic Games released shortly after the first take-off called Fortnite Battle Royale.
9. With its new Battle Royale mode, Fortnite is getting more and more popular.
10. What do you need to know about this new mode? 100 people hunt each other or build fortifications while concealing to survive and remain the last player standing.
11. The game began, as a “mix of Minecraft and Left 4 Dead,” and became an enormous Battle Royale arena.
12. Released by Epic Games in late 2017 this video game continues to break all kinds of records.
13. This open-world endurance game tests players to collect reserves, make tools and weapons, and stay alive.
14. Even though Fortnite collected a large group of followers upon release, its popularity was exceeded by PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, commonly called PUBG.
15. Epic Games decided to capitalize on the popularity of this style of gameplay, and the result was Fortnite Battle Royale.
16. It was released as a free separate game and quickly became the game’s most popular duplication.
17. The recognition of the battle royale concept initiated by PUBG proved to be a great selling idea for Fortnite Battle Royale.
18. On launch, it had one million players and within just two weeks a total of 10 million users.
19. The inspiration for the Fortnite Battle Royale came from the Japanese film Battle Royale.
20. At the end of the game, there are celebratory dances that players’ avatars can perform.
21. Players of all ages are amused with the dances and use the moves in real life.
22. A few major league sports players have been celebrating on the field with some of Fortnite’s signature moves.
23. There’s been a controversy surrounding those moves. Lawsuits were filed by the rapper 2 Milly, and Instagram’s “Backpack Kid” against Epic Games for using their characteristic dance moves without permission.
24. The famous “dance of Fortnite” was banned in a primary school in Devon, England.
25. According to the administration, Fortnite “rewarded the murder of other human beings” with a triumphant dance.
26. In March 2018, Epic Games broadcast that players would be able to play Fortnite Battle Royale against each other through different platforms.
27. Epic Games stated that their popular game will be available on mobile platforms through Android and iOS.
28. On the night of March 14, 2018, the popular video game streamer Ninja was playing Fortnite Battle Royale for his crowd of followers on Twitch. Megastar Drake joined Ninja’s squad followed by rapper Travis Scott and Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Juju Smith-Schuster. This impressive foursome was watched by over 628,000 people, setting an all-time, non-tournament Twitch viewership record.
29. Encouraged by the Drake-fuelled success of Ninja’s stream, Epic Games had a celebrity pro-am Fortnite Battle Royale tournament in June 2018 at the E3—the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
30. Each season, Fortnite gets many new features, including changes to the maps. In one of these changes, flaws began to emerge on the maps, then disappeared and never returned.