Lucas Bishop is a fictional superhero that appears in American comics books published by Marvel Comics. He usually appears and is associated with the X-Men. He first appears as a member of Xavier’s Security Enforcers, which are initially called the Xavier School Enforcers. Take a look below for 26 more interesting and weird facts about Bishop.
1. Bishop travel from a dystopian future of the Marvel Universe to the 20th century and joins the original X-Men, a team he only new as legends.
2. An example of the 1990s anti-authority antiheroes, Bishop experiences difficulty adjusting to the norms of the period.
3. In the mid-2000s, Bishop takes on an antagonistic role over the course of several storylines.
4. Bishop made frequent appearances in the X-Men animated series in the 1990.
5. Bishop is portrayed by Omar Sy in the 2014 movie X-Men: Days of Future Past.
6. He was created by Whilce Portacio and John Byrne. The character first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #282.
7. Bishop had four limited series including the self-titled Bishop series, where he tracked and fought Mountjoj; XSE, which showcased his past, which was actually the future.
8. Bishop teamed up with Gambit to oppose Stryfe in Gambit and Bishop: Sons of the Atom.
9. He starred in the series Bishop: The Last X-Man, in which he was trapped in another alternate timeline.
10. Bishop appeared regularly in District X, a police procedural set in a mutant ghetto in New York City.
11. Bishop was born about 80 years in the future of the Marvel Universe, and was the son of Aboriginal mutant refugees who fled to America from Australia a day before Australia was destroyed in a nuclear attack.
12. After his parents were killed, Bishop was taken in by a man named LaBeau, also called Witness, who was reportedly the last man to see the legendary X-Men alive.
13. Bishop can absorb most types of energy, including magic and psychic, either ambient or directed towards him and can project that energy from his body in the form of concussive blasts.
14. Bishop can store absorbed energy within his personal reserves, whereupon the energy increases his strength, speed, stamina and recuperative abilities, as well as affording him a measure of invulnerability.
15. His powers reduce the need for sleep, food, drinking, bodily functions and oxygen.
16. Bishop can utilize the absorbed energy in different ways, such as taking it and shifting it into other energy forms. He once converted ambient energy into psychic energy and used it to hurl a truck with his mind.
17. He can re-channel the absorbed energy through his body for bio kinetic concussive blasts or in the same form that was absorbed but with twice the force and power; this includes Storm’s weather effects.
18. During the Civil War: X-Men story arc, Cyclops is controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude to attack Bishop. Bishop attempted to absorb the incredible blast for a short time before he reached his limit and was forced to expel the energy into the air.
19. As seen in X-Treme X-Men Annual #1, Bishop can let his spirit go. It’s unknown if this is a mutant talent or is an ability that was taught to Bishop sometime in his life.
20. He is a trained police officer and skilled in the homicide branch. He has also had many years of armed and unarmed combat training that has made him a devastating unarmed combatant.
21. He’s an amazing marksman with firearms both from his own time, some of which he brought with him from the future, and also the present heavy duty military and conventional guns.
22. Bishop often uses XSE guns through which he channels energy that he has absorbed.
23. When not enhanced by his ability to absorb energy, Bishop possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. When enhanced, he can lift at least twice his body-weight.
24. Some energy types are more difficult to absorb than others. Bishop can sometimes be overloaded by trying to absorb too much energy, though his upper limits are unknown, even to himself.
25. Even though he can absorb psionic energy from blasts or telekinetic attacks, Bishop is not immune to telepathic attacks, but his power sustains him and helps him slow them down.
26. Because Bishop’s ability is passive and he can’t actively absorb or control the rate of the amount of energy he taken in, he has to get it from an outside source.