Blindfold, or Ruth Aldine, is a fictional character that appears in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. She is usually depicted as a member of the student body of the Xavier Institute in X-Men related comic books. Take a look below for 26 more fun and interesting facts about Blindfold.
1. Blindfold was created by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday. She first appears in Astonishing X-Men #7.
2. Blindfold is a student at the Xavier Institute and ever since she was a child, Ruth had worn a blindfold to cover up her obvious mutation and it was this that inspired her codename “Blindfold.”
3. She was first mentioned by Hisako Ichiki and Wing before their confrontation with Ord. Hisako and Wing both said that she had a big mouth because she had read Wing’s mind and informed Hisako of his dreams of one day becoming an X-Man.
4. Ruth was one of the few mutants to retain her powers and she remained at Xavier Institute after the Decimation on M-Day.
5. Blindfold is a mutant with psychically based powers.
6. Her telepathic abilities are more accurate and efficient in psychometry.
7. Her abilities were once stolen by the disembodied consciousness of her brother and were restored upon his true demise.
8. Unlike most psychics, Blindfold is able to give substance to astral energy and solidify psychic forms.
9. She’s able to physically cast her psionic projection into the physical world while remaining impermissible or pull the astral projections of other telepaths into the astral world.
10. She has shown to erect protective psi-armor to battle the World Worm.
11. Blindfold can materialize a blade of raw psychic power, as it was shown in her battle against Legion.
12. She can tap into the massive psychic resources of the astral plane in order to manipulate matter and energy.
13. After Blindfold’s brother died for the final time, she had showcased an all new power set to match her new found confidence. It may be possible that she already possessed this ability in a weakened form due to mental disability.
14. She is able to read minds and dreams. She can perceive information through reading minds and can utilize her telepathy in various ways.
15. Blindfold can project her astral form from her body onto the Astral Plane or the physical plane. In the physical plane, she can travel in astral form over vast distances.
16. In the astral plane, Blindfold can mentally create psionic objects and manipulate the aspects of her environment.
17. Blindfold can communicate with others astrally through her own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others.
18. Blindfold is able to see far off places or events as well as present events and her surroundings.
19. Emma Frost said that Blindfold’s mind is in too much flux for her to read. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Blindfold would be immune to telepathic assaults or other telepathic abilities.
20. Blindfold is immune to Legion’s reality warp, retaining her true memories and personality during the Age of X.
21. She’s able to successfully manipulate events to achieve a certain desired outcome. With her psychometry powers, she’s able to navigate, control or warn herself or others about the dangers that may impede in the path.
22. She has unique and unusual speech patterns and mannerisms. She often overuses certain words such as “please”, “thank you”, “you’re welcome”, “pardon”, “yes” , and “no” in her sentences.
23. In X-Men: Legacy Volume 2 #5, it was revealed that Ruth functioned and spoke normally until her brother manifested an astral projection and stole half of her powers, leaving her mind incomplete and broken.
24. Blindfold was missing her eyes, and all that remained of Luca, her brother, were his eyes.
25. While a member of the Young X-Men, Blindfold was roommates with Dust in the Danger Cave.
26. A few students at the Xavier Institute, like Rockslide and Cipher, seem to be close to Blindfold. However, most students seem to avoid her due to her mysterious nature and her tendency to read others’ minds without their permission.