Pansear is a Fire type Pokemon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Simisear when exposed to a Fire Stone. Pansear is one of three elemental monkeys. The other two are the Grass type Pansage and the Water type Panpour. Take a look below for 26 fun and interesting facts about Pansear.
1. Pansear is a simian, red and cream Pokemon.
2. Its head is red with a whorled tuft on top.
3. The tuft contains a flame, and can reach temperatures of 600 °F (315 °C).
4. Pansear has oval eyes, a tiny nose, and large ears with orange insides.
5. Its muzzle, upper body and skinny forelimbs are cream-colored, and its hands seem to have no fingers, aside from a thumb.
6. Pansear’s lower body is red with small feet, and its long tail has an arrowhead-shaped tip.
7. It lives in volcanic caves, and has been known to roast berries before eating them.
8. Pansear is the only non-Generation I Pokémon that evolves with the use of a Fire Stone.
9. Pansear is based on a monkey and a flame.
10. It, along with its two contemporaries, seem to inspired by the three wise monkeys motif; with its hand by its ear, Pansear represents “hear no evil”.
11. Pansear may be a combination of Pan (the genus of Chimpanzees), sear, and ear. Ear may relate to the “three wise monkeys” motif of the elemental monkeys. It may also be a play on pan searing.
12. Pansear debuted in Triple Leaders, Team Threats!, under the ownership of Chili. It appeared alongside Panpour and Pansage, which were owned by Cress and Cilan, respectively. It battled Ash’s Tepig during a Gym battle and lost.
13. A Trainer’s Pansear appeared in A Venipede Stampede!, where it was used in an attempt to stop a swarm of Venipede.
14. A Pansear appeared in Iris’s flashback in Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!. It was one of her many Pokémon friends as a little girl back in the Village of Dragons.
15. A Trainer’s Pansear made a cameo appearance in Cilan Takes Flight.
16. A Trainer’s Pansear made a cameo appearance in Climbing the Tower of Success!.
17. A Pansear briefly appeared in the elder’s flashback in A Village Homecoming!.
18. A Pansear appeared in a fantasy in Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals!.
19. A Trainer’s Pansear appeared in A Battle by Any Other Name!.
20. A Trainer’s Pansear appeared in Summer of Discovery! and Foggy Pokémon Orienteering!, and in a fantasy in Battling Into the Hall of Fame!. It was one of the Pokémon that participated in the Pokémon Summer Camp.
21. A Trainer’s Pansear appeared in Confronting the Darkness!.
22. A Trainer’s Pansear appeared in A Performance Pop Quiz!.
23. A Performer’s Pansear appeared in A Dancing Debut!, where it was used during the Couriway Showcase. It appeared again in Master Class Choices!, where it participated in the Fleurrh Showcase.
24. A Pansear appeared in Party Dancecapades!, under the ownership of a Performer attending Monsieur Pierre’s dance party.
25. Four Trainers’ Pansear appeared in Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel.
26. Multiple Trainers’ Pansear appeared in A Crowning Moment of Truth!, with one appearing in a flashback. They were among the Pokémon attending the Wela Fire Festival.